500 Series Delay unresponsive

Analog Delay • Ladder Filter
Jchristmas

500 Series Delay unresponsive

Post by Jchristmas » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:59 pm

Hi all who see this

So I'm a small idiot and bought a delay without realising I needed a stereo pair, the moment I sat there with two cables in my hand staring at one input was a low one

Tricky to find another one, struggled getting one from the states due to customs issues but finally found one in the UK and snapped it up!

I slotted it in and nothing happened, checked the bypass button which was lighting up but everything else was unresponsive. With the unit bypassed it sent audio through but with the delay ON there was nothing.

So I asked my EBay friend and he suggested that he used it via USB and an app I knew nothing about so maybe it's shut off the front panel, I checked the manual and it said that any tweaking on the front panel will always take over from any digital control, but this isn't the case with mine

Is it possible to disable the front panel entirely? If so how might I go about enabling it again, my other one works a treat and I want to use them both in their OG analogue state

Away from studio for the night otherwise I'd try everything I could, hoping that maybe I'll get an easy answer from someone who knows before I get back to minimise me fiddling about so I can get to work

Hope whoever reads this is having a nice day and someone can help, thanks in advance

J

noddyspuncture

Re: 500 Series Delay unresponsive

Post by noddyspuncture » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:05 am

What is 'OG' when referring to analogue state...?

ummagumma

Re: 500 Series Delay unresponsive

Post by ummagumma » Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:30 pm

"Original Groovy"?

:D

did the OP ever get his delay unit working? if so, might be a good thing to know about