Moog Delay 500 automation

Analog Delay • Ladder Filter
axelisart

Moog Delay 500 automation

Post by axelisart » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:59 am

** EDIT - This post was moved from the General Topics forum on 4/7/14 **

Hi, as I did not find a dedicated Moog Delay 500 thread I post my question here. Sorry to be in the wrong place if it's the case. I would like to know if it is possible to automate some parameters of the moog delay 500 that are not present in the VST window. I such I would talk about "Dry/Wet", "Drive" and "Output". Those are physical buttons of the 500 Delay but are not in the VST Panel. I need to automate this in my track and I don't know how then.
Any Idea ?
Thanks
Alexis
Moog Sub Phatty & Moog Delay 500

Moog Music

Re: Moog Delay 500 automation

Post by Moog Music » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:33 pm

The Drive/Output/Mix controls are fully analog parameters. The unit simply did not sound as good when those parameters were automatable, so we omitted them. The solution is to set the Drive and Output controls at an optimal level. You can then use sends in your DAW sessions (which are recallable) in order to hit the input of the unit at whatever level you prefer. In the case of aux sends, you would leave the mix at 100% wet and blend it with the original sound.

You can use the 500 Delay on a hardware inserts in your sessions as well, and it will absolutely enhance the sound of the source even with the Mix completely dry.

Here is an interview with Producer/Engineer Andrew Scheps talking about using the unit, and how he's automating the inputs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_CM2HH1u0s

If you are curious about what is available via the free plugin editor, you can download it here:
http://www.moogmusic.com/products/500-s ... nloads-tab

Hope this helps,
-Your Friends at Moog

axelisart

Re: Moog Delay 500 automation

Post by axelisart » Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:28 am

Hi, thanks for this reply. Fast and Clear :-) I will try this approach.