MF Ring fizzles/clips out and high pitched feedback

Welcome to the world of Minifooger Analog Effects
wafflefoot

MF Ring fizzles/clips out and high pitched feedback

Post by wafflefoot » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:18 pm

I'm no longer able to keep the miinifooger MF RING on my pedal chain cause it just won't power on correctly anymore after clipping out and fizzling in a way. It worked fine when I first bought it but from the beginning but still had a high pitched feedback that's in the background but still pretty audible. I thought maybe that's supposed to happen but after reading some forums I see that that's not what's supposed to happen. After looking at some other complaints about these pedals it seems it's just a fluke with a bad component maybe? I haven't tried to use a battery yet to see if it's a power adapter issue. It also seemed to fry my original 1spot power block but that could've been unrelated. But also the 13mA is different from the other pedals I have chained on my 1Spot. Any solutions for this? Or a test to diagnose where the issue is stemming from? tHANKS

wafflefoot

Re: MF Ring fizzles/clips out and high pitched feedback

Post by wafflefoot » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:17 pm

So I figured out from the seller that it requires a center positive power supply when I was using it in my regular center negative 1spot chain. Will the diode be irreversibly damaged or will I be able to use a center positive adapter in my chain to correct this? Even though the effects worked fine with my 1spot before, it always had an undesirable high-tone feedback behind my guitar signal..so now it still kind've turns on but makes a terrible feedback and isn't playable at all on a boss style power supply, once I realized the polarity was wrong though I stopped plugging it in..so thanks in advance.

BigVince

Post by BigVince » Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:48 am

Don't over trust sellers... it's centre negative, like all MF pedals. Works very well on my board powered with a simple Harley Benton PowerPlant 12 on a 100 mA/9V DC bus, negative at center.

Your problem is elsewhere... Try it alone, out of circuit.
I already experienced problems while using MF pedals an other brands pedals.

Examples :
- impossible to put a EHX Polychorus (negative center) and a MF-102 (positive center, through an inverter patch) on the same power unit, but separately powered, it's ok. Never understood why...
- Impossible to put a Plasma Pedal and a Minifooger in the same audio chain... buzz every where... Plasma has to be alone in a "private" loop.

I finally bought all MF pedals to build a 100% MF chain that is working very fine.
Best regards.
V

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:30 pm

Also give a try with a separate, dedicated PSU for the MiniFooger.