MF Boost - expression control

Welcome to the world of Minifooger Analog Effects
MoshPitt

MF Boost - expression control

Post by MoshPitt » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:48 pm

Friends at Moog,
I'm looking for a volume control to put in my amp's effects loop. I'm not satisfied with any of the volume pedal solutions on the market (wrong impedance, criticisms of the taper, form factor, etc), though I'm open to recommendations.

I was considering the Sound Sculpture Volcano (used by Black Keys as shown by Premier Guitar) with separate expression pedal when I discovered the MF Boost. I'm not necessarily looking for a boost for my effects loop, but it would be a nice bonus. My question is: since the MF Boost is true bypass, does that mean the expression control is inactive when the MF Boost is switched off? The documentation is otherwise unclear.

I already employ an Ebtech Line Level Shifter to make sure I don't overdrive any pedals in my effects loop. I would prefer to avoid the Vertex Boost if possible.

Thanks!

MoshPitt

Re: MF Boost - expression control

Post by MoshPitt » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:00 am

This thread seems to indicate that the MF Boost must be engaged in order for the expression input to be functional:

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussio ... sion-pedal

stiiiiiiive

Re: MF Boost - expression control

Post by stiiiiiiive » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:21 am

Well, I don’t have any MFBoost but to me, things are clear: the expression pedal controls the boost amount. No boost circuit enabled, no expression action.