MF Drive expression pedals

Welcome to the world of Minifooger Analog Effects
girafffe

MF Drive expression pedals

Post by girafffe » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:09 pm

So I'm looking at building a DIY expression pedal for a moog mf drive, I was wondering if anyone had any experience doing this? Alternatively if anyone has found a schematic for a moog expression pedal that I could copy? or knows of another brand of expression pedal that works with mf pedals?
My first attempt used a 100k linear taper pot salvaged from a vox wah, it had some effect but the sweep was limited to the bottom half of the pot's range so any help would be much appreciated before I start randomly buying different pots from the internet :)))

stiiiiiiive

Re: MF Drive expression pedals

Post by stiiiiiiive » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:53 am

Hello girafffe, welcome to the forum!

I’m sure you can find schematics of the Moog EP online… or any other expression pedal -no offense meant ;)
In addition to the main potentiometer (the one activated by the pedal itself), you may want to implement a way to select the polarity (at least at first for testing) and one/two others potentiometers for setting the low and high levels.. for a deluxe expression pedal version.

Show us what you come with!

girafffe

Re: MF Drive expression pedals

Post by girafffe » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:07 am

cheers for the response man, it seems last time I researched this I did a pretty sub par job, I've found some more info and I'll try switching the polarity to see what I come up with !