MF Delay on low voltage

Welcome to the world of Minifooger Analog Effects
moogforum2

MF Delay on low voltage

Post by moogforum2 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:25 pm

Well, i keep experimenting on my MF delay, I already patched the exp input to the LFO output of my Microbrute with mixed results, well although it works modulating time or feedback I´m trying to get some "musical useful" results, but some days ago I was just tired of buying 9 volts batteries, so I bought an AC adapter, nothing special just one of the commonly called "wall-wart", well I have many electrical noises, interferences and hums in my house, so i was expecting a little noise using the AC adapter compared to use batteries, so when I used the adapter adjusted on 9 volts, a very quiet noise was present, kind of the "tension" noise that can be heard near to a electric station, obviously much less quiet, so like I´m not sure if the adapter is really giving the MF delay the right 9 volts, I tried to decrease the voltage to 7.5 volts, well the noise also decreased considerably but keep noticeable, so I tried 6 volts, and the noise was almost gone (with less voltage the MF simply doesn't turn on), the feedback worked without trouble, not like when the batteries are almost dead and the feedback is just a small trail, the drive also worked without problem, but although this voltage works for me (I´m using it on a Sub 37 and other synths) I was wondering if a lower voltage value than specified can damage the MF or can have any other consequences (I was unable to notice any changes is sound quality, except maybe fo the drive), thank you.

bichuelo

Re: MF Delay on low voltage

Post by bichuelo » Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:09 pm

Why don't you get the original Moog PSU?
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra

diferor91

Re: MF Delay on low voltage

Post by diferor91 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:58 pm

Recently I also bought an Minifooger Delay for use it with a Moog Sub 37 and I agree with you: it consumes a lot of batteries, however I resisted the temptation of buying an standard adapter, I think am going to use batteries until I can get the Moog PSU or at least a pedal dedicated adapter (Not I think is going to be the first), I agree with Bichuelo, this pedal is really awesome and worth it, so why not get the Moog PSU?