MF Delay Problem

Welcome to the world of Minifooger Analog Effects
lnr29

MF Delay Problem

Post by lnr29 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:21 am

I've had the MF Delay since January this year, and have been absolutely love it! However I've recently encountered some problems. For a start, the delay would no longer work - only the drive was working. It now won't even turn on. When I plug the adapter in, the LED lights up for around a second before switching off. I've been using it with a 9v adapter.

Anybody know what this could be? Have I blown it up somehow? I'm not too clued up on these things.

bichuelo

Re: MF Delay Problem

Post by bichuelo » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:26 pm

You have to use the included adapter or an equivalent, same voltage, amperage and polarity. Anything that's not close might burn the unit.
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra

lnr29

Post by lnr29 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:41 am

bichuelo wrote:You have to use the included adapter or an equivalent, same voltage, amperage and polarity. Anything that's not close might burn the unit.
If I've burnt it, is that it done? Or could I send it off anywhere for repair?

bichuelo

Post by bichuelo » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:30 am

I have been able to repair one unit where only a couple of parts where burnt. But a second one was completely burnt, all the way, and that one had to be replaced.

Better ask [email protected]
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra

Control_Voltage

Post by Control_Voltage » Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:53 pm

Hi there,

Andy from Moog Tech Support here!

Please contact us directly for assistance with this issue, we will be happy to help you get it sorted out.

Andy Hughes, Service Manager
[email protected]
828-251-0090 xt 221

Nate Marino
[email protected]
xt. 204

Taylor Mott
[email protected]
xt. 217

Thanks,
Andy Hughes
Service Manager
Moog Music, Inc.

lnr29

Post by lnr29 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:02 pm

Control_Voltage wrote:Hi there,

Please contact us directly for assistance with this issue, we will be happy to help you get it sorted out.

[email protected]
828-251-0090 xt 221

Nate Marino
[email protected]
xt. 204

Taylor Mott
[email protected]
xt. 217

Thanks,
Andy Hughes
Service Manager
Moog Music, Inc.
Thank you!

aisling

Post by aisling » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:27 am

lnr29 wrote:
Control_Voltage wrote:Hi there,

[email protected]
828-251-0090 xt 221

Nate Marino
[email protected]
xt. 204

Taylor Mott
[email protected]
xt. 217

Thanks,
Andy Hughes
Service Manager
Moog Music, Inc.
Thank you!
Andy-

Sorry to inundate you with my problems, but a similar issue is happening to me, only the drive works! The delay just stopped working tonight. The unit was purchased sept 2014, and is out of warranty, but has always been used indoors, smoke free, no abuse, relative low hours, I'm bummed....
I Just initiated a RMA from the online support page.

[email protected]

Post by [email protected] » Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:52 pm

Hi! The same issue with mine as well!! I thought I was the only one that was going crazy! :D

I've been using it with the Volca Bass, Keys and Minibrute. (One day I hope to use it with the Moog Model D :D :D :D )

Sometime, about a week or two ago, only the drive and mix portions worked. The time and feedback knobs have no effect. :cry: :cry:

I don't know if there are capacitors in the unit so I unplugged all power from the unit and let it sit for a few days hoping for any electrical charges to drain. I then put in a fresh 9 volt battery to see if that would work. Again only the drive and mix portions worked. I tried the Moog adapter again and still no luck.

I plugged an effect pedal/knob in, switched the switch in the bottom from time to feedback, played with the knobs in multiple positions. Only the drive and mix portions worked. I miss my infinite feedback and doing my wanna be Karplus Strong Synthesis.

The only thing I can think of is if I may have put the instrument line in, into the out since my cables get mixed up and put the out into the in. (As most synth heads and modular folk, I have cables everywhere!!! hahaha~!). Even if you do that AND if you don't have the pedal pressed, since it's a true bypass through, you wouldn't know until after you pressed the pedal. I don't think this happened though, since I was still getting delay, but who knows anything is possible. I can't imagine though that this would have caused the problem since it's reasonable people accidentally put their line in, into the out every once and awhile.

I have requested a, RMA and will diligently wait for Moog's response.

[email protected]

Post by [email protected] » Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:54 pm

Just a follow up. Moog support has been great and they are sending me a new pedal, I'm just wondering how delicate the pedal is. Does anyone know if using a line output (Minibrute) or stereo output jack (Volca Bass) into the 1 megaohm impedance input might cause it damage? If so, anyway to correct this?

mrkeeny

Post by mrkeeny » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:28 pm

I've got exactly the same issue, purchased new and DOA. So annoyed.