MiniFooger Delay feedback

Welcome to the world of Minifooger Analog Effects
MLM

MiniFooger Delay feedback

Post by MLM » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:10 pm

I received my Minifooger Delay about 3 months ago and have been enjoying it greatly! A couple of weeks after I got it, however, the feedback control stopped working. It would delay, but not regenerate. Also the indicator light did not light when the delay was engaged. I was about to request an RMA when I left it on for a couple of hours with a sequence running through it. The light began to pulse in time and eventually it stayed on and the feedback was working again! I was using battery power and have since switched to an adapter, which seems to work better. A while ago it did it again (with the adapter) but only for a moment, then it seemed to warm up and is now fine again. Any thoughts? Has anyone else experienced this? I've got to say I really love my Moog Delay, it seems to have it's own personality! :lol:
Michael McMillan

Control_Voltage

Re: MiniFooger Delay feedback

Post by Control_Voltage » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:21 am

Hi Michael,

The feedback issue to which you refer is a sign that the battery you are using needs to be replaced. The LED used on the Minifooger line of pedals is an extremely low current design(consumes less than 1 mA) so it isn't a good indicator of the state of the battery as it will continue to shine even when the battery is quite weak.

It is odd that this occurs at all with a power supply, but it could be that the barrel was not well seated in the connector. The pedal is an analog design, but it should not require more than a few seconds to warm up to perfect performance.

Please let me know if you experience further issues when using a power supply(which must be 9VDC tip negative with ~100mA current capacity), and I will happy to inspect the pedal here in our lab to ensure that it is working properly.

You may contact me anytime at (828)-251-0090 xt 221 or by email at [email protected]

Thanks,
Andy Hughes
Service Department Manager
Moog Music, Inc.

MLM

Re: MiniFooger Delay feedback

Post by MLM » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:04 pm

Thanks Andy! It's been working great, the adapter is 9V with tip negative. Must not have been pushed all the way in.
I'll keep you posted. Also my Voyager has been fantastic! (you worked on it about a year and a half ago)
Mike
Michael McMillan