change the battery in minifooger delay

Welcome to the world of Minifooger Analog Effects
peterhz55

change the battery in minifooger delay

Post by peterhz55 » Fri May 02, 2014 6:20 pm

Just bought the minifooger delay yesterday at a store in Vancouver. I didn't buy a power supply, but I assumed the unit would work out of the box on battery power. It did not work.

I stupidly bought a unit where the box was open (the only one they had) , so I have no idea if there were supposed to be instructions included about changing the battery etc.

I have now gone online and ordered a power supply from Moog, but I would like to be able to use the battery option.

So to change the battery do you really have to take off the entire back of the unit? Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see another option.

I've got a LP Stage 2, moogerfooger ring mod and control processor. Looking forward very much to all this through the delay.

Thanks in advance if you can help.

Peter Hannan

stiiiiiiive

Re: change the battery in minifooger delay

Post by stiiiiiiive » Sat May 03, 2014 4:55 am

Hey Peter. I don't want to ruin your party but... do the MiniFoogers really operate on batteries?...

peterhz55

Post by peterhz55 » Sat May 03, 2014 12:14 pm

from the Moog website:

Announcing the launch of the Minifooger Analog Effects family – a series of compact - easy to use stomp boxes designed primarily for use with electric guitar and bass. Each Minifooger is housed in a rugged cast aluminum enclosure and features a 100% analog signal path, true bypass design, optional battery power, and a single expression pedal input providing hands-free control of one specified parameter within each unit.

modoc_333

Post by modoc_333 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:34 am

peterhz55 wrote: So to change the battery do you really have to take off the entire back of the unit? Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see another option.

Peter Hannan

yep. that's how a lot of pedals work. probably the most common way. it means less parts in the build and keeps costs down. not a big deal to change.
-Keith

Guitars at Bailey Brothers Music... Birmingham, AL

Dapifer

Post by Dapifer » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:40 am

Maybe I'm being stupid here but where exactly does the battery go in??

Edit: I got it, was expecting that a battery needed to be grounded on both ends.
Attachments
minifooger.jpeg
minifooger.jpeg (10.73 KiB) Viewed 6280 times