Recently discovered the Minifoogers

Welcome to the world of Minifooger Analog Effects
steam-powered

Recently discovered the Minifoogers

Post by steam-powered » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:37 pm

Hello all, just registered on the forum, a newbie to Moog products.

In the past few months, I've gotten hooked. It started out innocent enough by going to a local shop to find a guitar effect pedal. After opting for Pedal X, I asked the clerk if there was anything else that I hadn't considered that might meet my needs and he brought out the MF Drive. After only five minutes of testing it out, I bought it. Just a few days later, I realized that the MF Boost would be nice due to the expression pedal ability to use as a volume pedal with or without some added gain. A week went by and I really fell in love with all the tones I was finding, so I went ahead and bought the MF Ring and MF Trem. I sold the delay I'd been using, so I'm currently without a delay pedal on my board.

Less than two months went by and, last weekend, I bought a Sub Phatty. Had it less than a week and already I've been mixing in some synth to some tracks I've been recording.

These Moog products seem somewhat addicting, to put it mildly. :)
There is nothing but the one truth: It is universal, constant.
The wind-blown feather truly obtains this secret;
To know harmony amidst confusion is to be illuminated..
-Zen master Sekitan

[email protected]

Re: Recently discovered the Minifoogers

Post by [email protected] » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:07 pm

hi!
its funny, i did pretty much the same thing last year.Got a little phatty, loved it , then proceeded to acquire a miniature, all the moogerfoogers, a sub phatty and the drive and boost minifoogers....
missing a voyager..

steam-powered

Post by steam-powered » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:41 pm

Very, very happy that the MF Delay finally arrived a few days ago, I've had the space waiting for quite some time on my board. Anybody know if an envelope filter will ever added to the minifooger line? I'm very happy with my Maxon, don't get me wrong, but I'd love to hear a minifooger auto-wah!

-Zen master Sekitan

bichuelo

Post by bichuelo » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:12 pm

steam-powered wrote: I'd love to hear a minifooger auto-wah!
If you buy a CP-251 to plug it into your foogers, you will not only get an auto-wah from outer space, but a bit of the universe too! :wink:
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra

steam-powered

Post by steam-powered » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:45 pm

Many thanks for that recommendation! I wasn't familiar with that product, gonna check it out this weekend.
-Zen master Sekitan

steam-powered

Post by steam-powered » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:09 am

I read the lengthy manual and am more confused than before. Which minifooger would I connect to the CP-251 for auto wah effect?
-Zen master Sekitan

bichuelo

Post by bichuelo » Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:16 pm

steam-powered wrote:I read the lengthy manual and am more confused than before. Which minifooger would I connect to the CP-251 for auto wah effect?
If using the CP-251, the square wave or triangle wave out to the expression in of the Drive can do it. MF-102 and MF-103 also have LFO out, which will do that. You can plug your expression pedal to the rate of the LFO so you can use it for the speed of the auto-wah
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra

mmarsh100

Post by mmarsh100 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:05 pm

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:37 pm

This is great. My mate has a SoundPalette, which is a bit more featured but much more expensive and massive. This one seems very simple and has a cool foot print on a pedal board.

Thanks for the heads up! Irony: I've just ordered a couple of kits at BYIC but have not seen that :)

mmarsh100

Post by mmarsh100 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:45 pm

Apparently you can pre-order them now :) I built a beta version for Keith and gave some feedback about the process. Pretty straightforward electronically, the mechanical assembly is a little fiddly but do-able. The end result is really spectacular, tho. Replaced my Voodoo Labs system for more room, more channels, less money!

Alien8

Post by Alien8 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:25 pm

I gotta say that is a sweet option - especially if incorporated with the whole minifooger line.

Personally I need the flexibility to reorder pedals, so this won't do but it still is really useful!
Vibration emanates from all things, even nothing. Using awareness to translate vibration into "music" is something that I am whole heartedly grateful for.

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:46 am

Alien8 wrote:Personally I need the flexibility to reorder pedals, so this won't do but it still is really useful!
Yep, that one big step beyond indeed. The SoundPalette I was talking about earlier allows it, IIRC.