Question for MF Drive owners/users

Welcome to the world of Minifooger Analog Effects
MagicMoogMan

Question for MF Drive owners/users

Post by MagicMoogMan » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:13 pm

Hi There,

If there are 2 Minifoogers I am interested in, it's the Delay and the Drive. I'm wondering is the Drive more of an Overdrive or a Distortion?

If there was any other dirt pedal you could compare it to, what would that dirt pedal be? I've read comments that compared it to a Rat or a Muff. I'm a dedicated Rat user so I'm VERY interested in this!

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

-MagicMoogMan

facon

Re: Question for MF Drive owners/users

Post by facon » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:56 pm

I have a couple muffs into a rat into a mf drive. The drive range on the mf drive can get kind of close to the Rat. The Rat definitely gets fuzzier.

The sweet spots of the mf drive are very different than the Rat IMO. Rats use opamp and the MF drive uses fet. The MF drive is a lot more responsive and feels 3D, where the Rat has a good amount of compression and cuts through a mix. I think the two compliment eachother very well, but they're both really different. I don't consider it a distortion pedal. I would put it more on the lines of something like an OCD with many more options.

I wouldn't say the mf drive is anywhere close to a muff. Maybe because it has tons of low end on tap? I really don't know why anybody would say that.

tradrad

Re: Question for MF Drive owners/users

Post by tradrad » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:41 pm

yeah...definitely NOT a fuzz...a very organic 'amp style' od, and GREAT at pushing an 'amp on the edge'...very dynamic (3D is a good descriptor) and touch senstive, AND it can get very dark if that's your thing. the REAL ticket, IMO, is the ladder filter in the MFD. THAT'S a kicker and well worth the price f admission...throw an expression pedal in that pedal and it's a brave new world.