Question about Minifooger Delay

Welcome to the world of Minifooger Analog Effects
MagicMoogMan

Question about Minifooger Delay

Post by MagicMoogMan » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:00 pm

I'm really looking forward to this thing being released. I understand that you can either control the delay time or the drive via expression pedal.

My question is this: I understand that there's a switch inside the pedal itself that allows you to select either of these options. I'm just wondering why this switch isn't outside the pedal instead of inside the pedal. (like on the MF Drive, for example) I'm certainly not technically inclined. but I'm wondering how hard it would be to make this happen? Or if some sort of Mod would eventually be available to make this happen.

As I said, I'm no tech. Perhaps there is a very good reason for this. If anyone could enlighten me, please...

stiiiiiiive

Re: Question about Minifooger Delay

Post by stiiiiiiive » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:14 am

Hey MagicMoogMan, welcome to the forum :)

A priori, it's not big deal and I guess drilling a hole (that's the "big" part) and a more suitable switch can lead to an external toggle-ability.

That being said, the mod I would do is another one: instead of having a TS jack socket for CV usage, I would replace it by a TRS one with a change in the wiring so that one can modulate time and feedback through resp. tip and ring. Then a 2 female TS jack -> 1 TRS male jack would allow to plug anything.

Just thiking out loud...

Vsyevolod

Post by Vsyevolod » Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:51 am

Damn, that's a sweet idea Stiiiiiiive...

Stephen

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:17 am

Are you waiting for one?

I'm not but would be glad to have feedback (...) about whether this is possible or not...