Minifooger Delay release date?

Welcome to the world of Minifooger Analog Effects
logsnob

Minifooger Delay release date?

Post by logsnob » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:30 pm

Any info on when these will be released/available?
sesshinnofi.bandcamp.com
soundcloud.com/no-fi-sound-system

amarsh

Re: Minifooger Delay release date?

Post by amarsh » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:25 am

Good question, I contacted Moog's UK distributor yesterday who informed me that the delay pedal has encountered delays of it's own - there is a manufacturing issue with one of the components so they won't be ready anytime soon (January sometime if we're lucky) :( Have to say I'm pretty dissapointed as I ordered myself one of these a while back now and was looking forward to playing around with it over Christmas. I hsad a similar issue when I pre-ordered a Minitaur last year - that was delayed by several months too. Oh well, I'm sure it will be worth the wait when it does eventually show up.

amarsh

Post by amarsh » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:31 pm

Hi guys, still no sign of the Minifooger delay :( I know I shouldn't moan, but I preordered one of these when it was first announced thinking I'd have it in time for Christmas. Should have known better. The latest I've heard is that there have been further delays and could be February before these are shipped!?! Moog, couldn't you post an update on your website so that people aren't left wondering what's happening. Pretty poor PR if you ask me. Just my opinion.

logsnob

Post by logsnob » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:23 pm

amarsh wrote:Hi guys, still no sign of the Minifooger delay :( I know I shouldn't moan, but I preordered one of these when it was first announced thinking I'd have it in time for Christmas. Should have known better. The latest I've heard is that there have been further delays and could be February before these are shipped!?! Moog, couldn't you post an update on your website so that people aren't left wondering what's happening. Pretty poor PR if you ask me. Just my opinion.

I saw some of the other minifoogers in a local store but not the delay, they weren't sure when they were getting any either.
sesshinnofi.bandcamp.com

kn_s

Post by kn_s » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:43 pm

I just talked to my guy from sweetwater the other day regarding my minifooger delay and he confirmed that moog is "delayed" in getting them out. Possibly not until May?!??! Sucks but! And some of the other minifoogers are also delayed until at least January.
LP solar, minitaur, m32, werkstatt, 101/102/103/104m/105m/107/108m,cp-251,mf delay v1&2+drivev2, microkorg, monologue, volcas, monotribe & trons, sq-1, too many pedals!, guitars, '07 imac (10.11.6), simmons sds7, & now eurocrack, etc...

VCO_Labs

Post by VCO_Labs » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:57 pm

Dear Moog

Any word on a release date as of yet?

Just wondering what went wrong with the delay compared to the other pedals.

logsnob

Post by logsnob » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:44 pm

I asked a rep at a local music store today about a release date, he said moog emailed distributors and said they will start manufacturing the delay in March and they should be available in April.
sesshinnofi.bandcamp.com

amarsh

Post by amarsh » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:14 am

Hmm, interesting. I emailed their the store I ordered mine through who contacted Moog Uk and I was told Feb sometime!?! Starting to feel a bit p'd off about this. I preordered mine in October. By the time I get it I will have been waiting 4-5 months. Very poor PR if you ask me. Why can't someone from Moog update via this forum? I would seriously question buying any more Moog products after this. I have had no end of probs with my Little Phatty which had to be sent for repair 3 times, and this just adds to my frustration.

mezonoxian

Post by mezonoxian » Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:02 pm

yeah, moog really need to give us some info. otherwise some are just waiting, without knowing if it's worth the wait. what if it's not released until summer? or worse; winter? when, moog? when? a month? two? more? tell us what's going on!
noise, drones, fuzz, delay, filter sweeps, feedback and low frequencies - that's love.

thealien666

Post by thealien666 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:36 pm

Moog Music is most probably victim of the analog BBD chips supplier. These chips (the high quality ones) are difficult to obtain and are often in short supply.

But I agree that they should at least keep customers, especially ones that have left a deposit or even paid in advance, know what the status is regarding production et shipping dates.
Moog Minimoog D (1975)
DSI OB6
DSI Prophet REV2
Oberheim Matrix-6
Ensoniq SQ-80
Korg DW8000
Behringer DeepMind 12
Alesis Ion

amarsh

Post by amarsh » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:37 am

Yes I'm certain there is a reasonable explanation for the delay. I just feel Moog should provide an official update. How long should I expect to wait for mine? I paid for it in October - 1 month? 2 months? More? Hopefully it will be worth the wait when it does arrive :)

Moog Music

Post by Moog Music » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:15 pm

thealien666 wrote:Moog Music is most probably victim of the analog BBD chips supplier. These chips (the high quality ones) are difficult to obtain and are often in short supply.
Unfortunately, we have been unable to begin production of the MF Delay as quickly as planned. We have received multiple shipments of faulty BBDs over the course of the last 6 months. Due to these complications, we have made the decision to upgrade the design to accomodate NOS Panasonic BBD chips. These chips sound wonderful and have a higher dynamic range, which translates beautifully in the MF Delay. Accommodating the larger size of the NOS Panasonic BBD is now complete, and we are looking forward begin building the MF Delay at our Asheville factory in April.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We strive to build the best tools for our customers. In this case, the unintended delay (no pun intended) has enabled us to build you a better tool.

-Your Friends at Moog

mezonoxian

Post by mezonoxian » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:38 pm

Moog Music wrote:
thealien666 wrote:Moog Music is most probably victim of the analog BBD chips supplier. These chips (the high quality ones) are difficult to obtain and are often in short supply.
Unfortunately, we have been unable to begin production of the MF Delay as quickly as planned. We have received multiple shipments of faulty BBDs over the course of the last 6 months. Due to these complications, we have made the decision to upgrade the design to accomodate NOS Panasonic BBD chips. These chips sound wonderful and have a higher dynamic range, which translates beautifully in the MF Delay. Accommodating the larger size of the NOS Panasonic BBD is now complete, and we are looking forward begin building the MF Delay at our Asheville factory in April.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We strive to build the best tools for our customers. In this case, the unintended delay (no pun intended) has enabled us to build you a better tool.

-Your Friends at Moog

Thanks for sharing that info with us, Moog! Feels much better now :)
noise, drones, fuzz, delay, filter sweeps, feedback and low frequencies - that's love.

facon

Post by facon » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:06 pm

Are the chips the same that are used in the MF-104M?

amarsh

Post by amarsh » Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:33 pm

Hi, thanks for your response, but I'm still not certain what it means - will they start shipping in April?