Minifooger Delay release date?

Welcome to the world of Minifooger Analog Effects
EMwhite

Re: Minifooger Delay release date?

Post by EMwhite » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:06 pm

BBD is short for bucket brigade and in essence, it's an integrated circuit which has a series (1024, for example) of capacitor cells and a clock line which when pulsed, moves the analog input along. The Panasonic MN series is famous for being high quality and degrading (in a good way) over time.

There are counterfeit chips out there, suppliers hanging on to piles of Panasonic NOS, and everything in between. Moog likely spec'd the new pedal using a particular IC but it didn't hold up in late stages of product testing so they had to re-design the board and procure the parts. At least that's how I read their message.

I owned a Diamond memory lane II and now have one of the 104M Foogers; believe me, the end product will be worth the way and if it's just April, it's not too far away...
'76 Minimoog, Taurus 3, Oberheim FVS + Son of 2-voice; Sequential ProOne; Juno 106; Moog Model 15; Kurzweil 250; Hammond M3; and a handful of Fender Basses Flickr!

thealien666

Post by thealien666 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:46 am

amarsh wrote:Hi, thanks for your response, but I'm still not certain what it means - will they start shipping in April?
Most probably not. They said that they will start making them, with the newly redesigned PCB, in April. We can assume that it might take a month or two more before they start shipping ?

BTW, thanks for taking the time to come here and explain what has been happening Moog Music, it's appreciated ! :D
Moog Minimoog D (1975)
DSI OB6
DSI Prophet REV2
Oberheim Matrix-6
Ensoniq SQ-80
Korg DW8000
Behringer DeepMind 12
Alesis Ion

Vsyevolod

Post by Vsyevolod » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:36 pm

As he said, they will start building them in April. When they start shipping will be after they are built and tested. There are a few unknowns built into that process, so keep patience young grasshopper...

:)

Stephen

Moog Music

Post by Moog Music » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:01 pm

thealien666 wrote:
amarsh wrote:Hi, thanks for your response, but I'm still not certain what it means - will they start shipping in April?
Most probably not. They said that they will start making them, with the newly redesigned PCB, in April. We can assume that it might take a month or two more before they start shipping ?

BTW, thanks for taking the time to come here and explain what has been happening Moog Music, it's appreciated ! :D
We do plan to begin shipping units in April and apologize for not communicating the specifics sooner. Providing accurate information about this was very important to us.
facon wrote:Are the chips the same that are used in the MF-104M?
No, they are not. The MF Delay has its own sound and vibe. It is quite different from the 104M in a good way.

Thank you all for your patience and support
-Your Friends at Moog

mezonoxian

Post by mezonoxian » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:34 pm

Moog Music wrote:
thealien666 wrote:

We do plan to begin shipping units in April and apologize for not communicating the specifics sooner. Providing accurate information about this was very important to us.
facon wrote:Are the chips the same that are used in the MF-104M?
No, they are not. The MF Delay has its own sound and vibe. It is quite different from the 104M in a good way.

Thank you all for your patience and support
-Your Friends at Moog
I dunno if anyone asked this yet, but how will the new chips upgrade affect the price? Will the new units cost the same as said before?
noise, drones, fuzz, delay, filter sweeps, feedback and low frequencies - that's love.

Moog Music

Post by Moog Music » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:42 am

mezonoxian wrote:I dunno if anyone asked this yet, but how will the new chips upgrade affect the price? Will the new units cost the same as said before?
It has increased our development and manufacturing costs, but we are honoring current pricing for dealer and customer preorders at this time.

-Your Friends at Moog

thealien666

Post by thealien666 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:10 pm

Maybe this is a silly question but, will it sound much different with the new chips than the demos (presumably of early prototypes) already available in videos around the web ?
Moog Minimoog D (1975)
DSI OB6
DSI Prophet REV2
Oberheim Matrix-6
Ensoniq SQ-80
Korg DW8000
Behringer DeepMind 12
Alesis Ion

mezonoxian

Post by mezonoxian » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:54 am

Moog Music wrote:
mezonoxian wrote:I dunno if anyone asked this yet, but how will the new chips upgrade affect the price? Will the new units cost the same as said before?
It has increased our development and manufacturing costs, but we are honoring current pricing for dealer and customer preorders at this time.

-Your Friends at Moog
Sorry, but does that mean that the price will be higher if one doesn't preorder? I can't really preorder, so I'm curious if the price I originally was going to pay will be significantly higher if I don't preorder, but buy it later?
Thanks for all the info, Moog!
noise, drones, fuzz, delay, filter sweeps, feedback and low frequencies - that's love.

Moog Music

Post by Moog Music » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:50 pm

thealien666 wrote:Maybe this is a silly question but, will it sound much different with the new chips than the demos (presumably of early prototypes) already available in videos around the web ?
It's very very similar, but has higher headroom and is just a little more 3D now due to the NOS chip.

Moog Music

Post by Moog Music » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:53 pm

mezonoxian wrote:
Moog Music wrote:

-Your Friends at Moog
Sorry, but does that mean that the price will be higher if one doesn't preorder? I can't really preorder, so I'm curious if the price I originally was going to pay will be significantly higher if I don't preorder, but buy it later?
Thanks for all the info, Moog!
Unfortunately we don't know at the moment. I can assure you that any change in price would not be prohibitive.

mezonoxian

Post by mezonoxian » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:34 pm

Moog Music wrote:
Unfortunately we don't know at the moment. I can assure you that any change in price would not be prohibitive.

Ok, thank you. I'll be waiting patiently :D

amarsh

Post by amarsh » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:19 pm

Well peeps, I don't to tempt fate but I got an email on Thursday saying my Minifooger delay has been dispatched and is being delivered tomorrow :D Can't wait to finally play around on it. I'll let you know how I get on.

steam-powered

Post by steam-powered » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:23 pm

This is my first post here on the forum. Got sold on the minifoogers just a few months ago, bought them all but waiting for the delay. Sounds like shops will have these on the shelves soon? Really looking forward to completing the set. :D
There is nothing but the one truth: It is universal, constant.
The wind-blown feather truly obtains this secret;
To know harmony amidst confusion is to be illuminated..
-Zen master Sekitan

ColorForm2113

Post by ColorForm2113 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:48 am

ooooh I'm going to have to check to see the shop by my house gets them in this week. I don't think I'd be able to let go of my 104m's but I still want to do a side by side comparison
My modular so far: Q104, Q106 x2, Q107, Q108, Q109 x2 , Q116, Q118, Q127 w/Q140, Q130, STG Wave Folder, Mixer and Mankato playing with Moog Voyager, VX-351, CP-251, MF-104M x2 ( STEREO!) Volca Beats and Bass, Arturia Beat step

Fantastca

Post by Fantastca » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:31 am

So.. it's been a while.. Has anyone got it yet? I've pre ordered it last week here in UK and wonder how long the wait is going to be.
Moog Sub Phatty (firmware 2.1.12 beta, editor 1.1.0) | Ableton Live 9.7 | macOS Sierra 10.12.3