Animoog Z and Logic Pro X Tutorials

Share Model D, Model 15, Animoog and Filtatron tips and tricks. Unleash your creations on the world.
stormseer27

Animoog Z and Logic Pro X Tutorials

Post by stormseer27 » Fri Oct 14, 2022 1:10 am

I just purchased Animoog Z and have not figured out how to use it as a plug in for Logic Pro X, yet. Does Moog have any tutorials for how to use it in Logic Pro X? Additionally, there are some instruments in Logic that do not have the option to use Animoog Z. Are there specific instruments that will/will not work with Animoog Z?

stormseer27

Re: Animoog Z and Logic Pro X Tutorials

Post by stormseer27 » Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:48 pm

I found one answer to my own question after further digging; the online manual found in app refers to an audio setting specifically for running as a plug-in. Once Animoog Z is selected as a plug-in for the audio fx section of the track, refer to Settings-Configuration-Audio in the plug-in control window and make sure Process Audio Input is selected -- remember I'm new to all this stuff. Additionally, I don't have a MIDI controller yet and I was using the mouse to play the keys in Animoog Z and the instrument sound I had selected in Logic was not heard, only the Animoog Z preset. Once I opened the keyboard view to play notes via the MacBook keyboard, the instrument sound came through affected Animoog Z. Thank you, Moog, for including the AUv3 Integration section of the manual! It has been very helpful.