Minimoog Model D for Mac - how to register it for free if you already have the iOS app?

Share Model D, Model 15, Animoog and Filtatron tips and tricks. Unleash your creations on the world.
[email protected]

Minimoog Model D for Mac - how to register it for free if you already have the iOS app?

Post by [email protected] » Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:40 pm

I just spent 10 minutes trying to figure out what the topic says, because that's what today's email from Moog promises. And it's not entirely straight-forward.

I have the Model D iOS app registered to my Apple account, but if I click the link for the "Minimoog Model D Synthesizer" in the App Store on my MacBook Air M1 2020, it still shows me the price for the product in Norwegian kroner.

Does anyone know to get it for free, as Moog says is possible?

("Free to all current Model D iOS App owners.")

Thanks!

stewdio

Re: Minimoog Model D for Mac - how to register it for free if you already have the iOS app?

Post by stewdio » Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:25 am

I don't understand how to do this either...

The Model D app is in the purchases on my iPhone, but doesn't show up in the App Store on my Mac (it's with 100% certainty the same Apple ID) and the Model D app shows as 24,99€ in the App Store on my Mac.

Curious if anyone has done this successfully yet?
Can't wait to try the app in Logic :)

Stew
instagram.com/stew_crookes
stewcrookes.com

~ all meters ~ all red ~ all the time ~

Eric1234

Re: Minimoog Model D for Mac - how to register it for free if you already have the iOS app?

Post by Eric1234 » Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:28 am

Same thing here.

stewdio

Post by stewdio » Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:03 am

Moog support sent me a link to this article about the Model 15 app and said it would work the same way:

https://moogmusicsupport.zendesk.com/hc ... -download-

And it did - I did have to hit "buy" a bunch of times but then at the last step got the "this update is free" message and was indeed able to download the Model D app for free.

Stew
instagram.com/stew_crookes
stewcrookes.com

~ all meters ~ all red ~ all the time ~

till

Post by till » Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:11 pm

It showed the price tag for the macOS version here too, but once you hit the actually buy button, you get the info "this update is free". Just be sure you use the very same apple ID.
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Sequence:
Prodigy * minimoog '79 * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * MP201 * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty * MF105 * Minimoog 2017+ MUSE * One 16