Model 15 App presets don't load in AU version?

Share Model D, Model 15, Animoog and Filtatron tips and tricks. Unleash your creations on the world.
calaverasgrande

Model 15 App presets don't load in AU version?

Post by calaverasgrande » Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:00 pm

I'm sorry if this has been answered before. I tried searching but "Model 15" isn't searchable on the forum, due to those being too common terms for a search apparently.

Basically I made a few dozen presets on the standalone App on my Mac.
Then I fired up Logic thinking I was going to replace some lesser AUs with the Model 15 and the new patches I just made.
But I can only pull up the factory presets and whichever patches I made within Logic.
None of the patches show up in the patch dropdown, nor do they show up in Moog or Model 15 folders when I use the load command.

Am I overlooking something obvious here?
Is there a secret key combination to load banks?
Taurus III, Digitone, Dark Energy, OB6, MG1, Grandmother, Blofeld

calaverasgrande

Re: Model 15 App presets don't load in AU version?

Post by calaverasgrande » Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:30 pm

Ok figured this out.
It's very strange but you have presets stored in;
/Users/~/Library/Group Containers/group.com.moogmusic.model15/Documents/presets
And then also in;
/Users/~/Library/Audio/Presets/Moog/Model 15
(Using the standard convention where your user name replaces ~)

The first location is where it is stored when using the standalone app.
The second location is the place it puts it when you are in Logic or some other app which follows the standard locations of music apps on MacOS.
I also have noticed that the standalone app saves in .m15p format, when using as an AU instrument it saves in .aupreset format.
Not the biggest hurdle in the world, but I find it MUCH easier to do my sound design on the stand alone app in full screen mode, then open the patches in Logic when I'm sequencing and making arrangements.

Wonder if this could be a preferences option in the future?
Specify where presets are saved and whether to save in native format or aupreset, and maybe some other options for production software I'm not familiar with. I'm a Logic guy for a while now. Is VST3 a big deal?

Of course you can also access the presets made in APP mode from the left side preset menu. I guess I kind of missed that on the first run through. This isn't the only softsynth I have that has two different preset mechanisms. It's inelegant to say the least.
Taurus III, Digitone, Dark Energy, OB6, MG1, Grandmother, Blofeld