How Do We Use 14-bit MIDI with Model 15?

Share Model D, Model 15, Animoog and Filtatron tips and tricks. Unleash your creations on the world.
dysamoria

How Do We Use 14-bit MIDI with Model 15?

Post by dysamoria » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:30 am

I want to use 14-bit MIDI to do fine control of Moog Model 15 parameters. The manual states that 14-bit exists but does not explain how to utilize it other than turning on the switch.

Does anyone know HOW to do this? If you DO know HOW to do it, can you provide step-by-step directions?

What I DON'T want:

• A link to another thread/website where the problem was never solved for the person who asked about 14-bit MIDI (of which there're a ton, plus this website doesn't even ALLOW searching for terms like "15", "14-bit"...)
• A technical discussion about what 14-bit MIDI is (I get it and I'm sick of being given tech BS instead of instructions)
• Anyone to tell me to "Google it" or "RTFM" (I've searched the web for YEARS about 14-bit MIDI, the Model 15 manual seems to have contradictory info and no actual step-by-step instructions
• Simplistic "just activate MIDI learn and wiggle a control" (that does not seem to work for controls configured as NRPN on my Korg Kontrol49; when it works, it's basic steppy 7-bit MIDI)

dysamoria

Re: How Do We Use 14-bit MIDI with Model 15?

Post by dysamoria » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:40 am

No one has anything to offer?