Moog Music Forum

Share Ideas and Pass the word

iPad Pro 11 inch Issues

Share Model D, Model 15, Animoog and Filtatron tips and tricks. Unleash your creations on the world.

iPad Pro 11 inch Issues

Postby WXLF » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:54 am

Hello,

I picked up the new iPad Pro 11 inch model. I'm getting a lot of pops and crackles when playing the Moog apps in both standalone and AUv3. Namely, Moog Model D, Animoog and Model 15.. (I haven't tried filtatron yet)

Although I didn't really get to use the AUv3 version much, because the GUI is black and only the knobs appear.

Here is Model D opened in Garageband:

I wasn't expecting the GUI to be optimized yet as the 11 inch model is a new screen size, but the pops and crackles are pretty relentless. Interestingly though, other AUv3 apps that have not optimized for the new screen size appear fine in AUv3 format.

One of the main reasons I bought the iPad is because of these great apps. Looking forward to see what the A12x chip can handle once this gets resolved.

~James
MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012) 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7, 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB
Yosemite 10.10.5, Bitwig 1.3, Ableton 9.6, Sub 37
WXLF

Re: iPad Pro 11 inch Issues

Postby bobbfett » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:48 am

I have the same problem with model d on my new 12,9 ipad pro. Tried reinstalling, but it didnt help. Same problem in both AUM and Cubase, with no bitmap in the background. Tried rebooting with 120 hz turned off, and appactivity in background turned off. The same problem there, but i could open 6 instances model d Audio units without cracking, I can really see the potential. Please take a look on it, I love the app.

Regards Hans
bobbfett

Re: iPad Pro 11 inch Issues

Postby whiteout » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:47 pm

I have the same issues, but with Beatmaker 3 as AU host. The only way to get anything done seems to be using a 1024 sample buffer size. Hoping for a fix.
whiteout

Return to Moog Apps