Improve presets UI in Animoog

Share Model D, Model 15, Animoog and Filtatron tips and tricks. Unleash your creations on the world.
damoga

Improve presets UI in Animoog

Post by damoga » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:25 am

I'm just having such a good time with this app! I've also learned a lot about synthesis despite it being different from "normal" synths.

Anyway, my list of presets is growing up (both thanks to the expansion packs and the patches I dare to save) but I have no way of deleting them!

This is a topic that has been posted before but I think a better way of interacting with presets is a must in a next version: organizing, copying, moving around and a more intuitive way of deleting. IFunBox and any other third party app, free or not, should not be necessary (nothing is free, even less in the app world, so you should check how much of your data you are paying with when using those "free" apps).

In summary:
- update the presets UI to something usable and not depending on third party apps
- now we are at it, option to start animoog with a patch other than the "default" (the last one used f.ex.)

Is there anybody else feeling the same about this? Does Moog have plans for future updates?
Have a nice day!

Satri

Re: Improve presets UI in Animoog

Post by Satri » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:41 pm

Hi damoga,

For moving around and organizing presets and timbres, you'll find instructions to do that here: https://www.animoog.org/2016/06/24/step ... h-ifunbox/

Have fun :-) -- Alex / Satri
Animoog Beta Tester | Free albums of Animoog & Model 15 solos on animoog.org/satri/ | satri.bandcamp.com | Theremini | ROLI Seaboard RISE 49 | iPad Pro 12,9" | Alex / Satri

damoga

Post by damoga » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:09 am

Hi Satri,

thanks for your answer. I knew of that option and I thank you for your work with the animoog blog. It is a ressource I come back again and again.

At the time iTunes is working ok with me. I've downloaded some presets (Animal is my favorite right now) and have had luck in transfering them to the animoog (I've lost some timbres along the way but I don't know yet if this has been during the transfer or they were just missing in the first place).

However I cannot use your solution. In the first place because an app should not have to rely on other apps to fully function. In the 2nd place because free apps are not free apps. It is said, if it's free, then you are the product. So the question is what do the people at iFun box get when you install their app.

Be well

Satri

Post by Satri » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:22 pm

Hi damoga,

I totally agree, I too would like Animoog to offer advanced features for managing presets. Let their developer team know: issues at moogmusic.com

Cheers! -- Alex / Satri
Animoog Beta Tester | Free albums of Animoog & Model 15 solos on animoog.org/satri/ | satri.bandcamp.com | Theremini | ROLI Seaboard RISE 49 | iPad Pro 12,9" | Alex / Satri