Animoog categories and presets lists

Share Model D, Model 15, Animoog and Filtatron tips and tricks. Unleash your creations on the world.
Rocky

Animoog categories and presets lists

Post by Rocky » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:07 pm

Since upgrading to iOS 11, the categories and presets in Animoog (both iPad and iPhone versions) are no longer listed in alphabetical order. Am I missing something, or is this a glitch with the new OS?

Everything displays properly on my iPhone 5s running iOS 10.3.3, and it did on my iPad Air 2 until I upgraded to iOS 11.

Satri

Re: Animoog categories and presets lists

Post by Satri » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:43 am

Hi Rocky,

I just validated on my iPad Air 1 and iOS 11.1 and the categories and presets do show up properly for me in the latest Animoog. I can't replicate the issue you're describing. You can probably contact Moog support by email to get an answer from them (as far as I can tell, they don't systematically provide support through this forums). Good luck -- Alex / Satri
Animoog Beta Tester | Free albums of Animoog & Model 15 solos on animoog.org/satri/ | satri.bandcamp.com | Theremini | ROLI Seaboard RISE 49 | iPad Pro 12,9" | Alex / Satri

Rocky

Post by Rocky » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:24 pm

I just updated to iOS 11.1, re-downloaded and re-installed Animoog 2.4.8, but the lists are still un-sorted.

Something must be messed up after disabling the iOS 11 crap that I never use.

Thanks for checking. I'll see what they have to say.
Attachments
IMG_0003.PNG

Satri

Post by Satri » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:19 pm

Hi Rocky, I confirm I can't replicate.

However, based on the screenshot you provided, I suspect you'll be interested by the thousands of Animoog presets and timbres found here: https://www.animoog.org/2017/07/09/the- ... 9-timbres/ Cheers -- Alex / Satri
Animoog Beta Tester | Free albums of Animoog & Model 15 solos on animoog.org/satri/ | satri.bandcamp.com | Theremini | ROLI Seaboard RISE 49 | iPad Pro 12,9" | Alex / Satri

Rocky

Post by Rocky » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:08 pm

Thanks, but I've already downloaded them. And that just makes the problem worse.

In fact, out of frustration, I actually wiped my 16GB iPad Air 2 this morning and restored it with a fresh copy of iOS 11.1 and only installed Animoog, that's why the preset list is so short. I wanted to try it without changing any configuration settings to see if it was something I disabled before. But, as you can see, it's still messed up.

I even installed the iPhone version and got the exact same results.

Weird!
Attachments
IMG_0001.PNG

Rocky

Post by Rocky » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:55 pm

Just to follow up...

Although Animoog was the first app in which I noticed this problem, it's actually far more wide spread than that. Along with Filtatron and Model 15, the same random list sorting problem is evident in all the Arturia, iceGear, Kymatica and VirSyn apps that I've checked so far. SynthMasterPlayer and ElasticDrums preset lists display correctly, though.

Therefore, I'm sure the problem has nothing to do with Animoog, but rather it has something to do with my particular iPad/iOS combo.

Very weird, indeed!

Snowybear

Post by Snowybear » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:37 pm

I'm getting the same problem. I am like Rocky in that I have ordered folders and ways of wanting things listed. Then suddenly when iOS 11 came out all hell broke loose and Apple chaos took over. In some regards it's like the problem we face with Apple preventing us from organising the Applications folder on MAC OS, they want all their apps, including the lame ones like Chess all visible in the Applications folder and not in neat folders.

As Rocky has mentioned, this problem seems to be associated since iOS 11 and has continued to 11.1.1. I have been using iFunBox and creating folders using Letters and Numbers. Unfortunately I am unable to sort them and have been unable to find a pattern. If you create folders using just numbers it soon becomes obvious that iOS has a serious sorting problem, with the following folders ordered in descending order like this - 1,2,5,3,4,6,7,8,10,11,9 etc... If Letters are used, the alphabet goes out the window and it goes something like this - A,B,D,E,a,b,c,e,d,C,g,h,f,i,j,J,G I gave up trying to figure out what the hell was going on.

Anyway, if anyone finds a setting in iOS that is responsible for this I'd love to know what it is.

I'm currently using the runt of the iPad litter, the iPad Pro 9.7" Cellular+ WiFi. From the problems we have faced with this iPAD, I get the impression that Apple wish they'd never made it.

:evil: uSING tHE iPAD mAKES mE wANT tO sCREAM sOMETIMES. :evil:

Rocky

Re: Animoog categories and presets lists [SOLVED]

Post by Rocky » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:01 pm

Hi,

Yea! Whatever you did, it worked. Today's Animoog for iPhone update v1.3.5 finally solved the file list sorting issue on my iPad Air 2.

What was the fixed glitch, if I may ask? An undocumented iOS 11 "feature", no doubt.

Thanks

Hi,

For certain devices, listing files in a directory on iOS 11 results in them not being sorted by default.

Since the beginning of iOS, the directory contents being sorted has been an undocumented behavior that just worked, so everyone has been relying on this. Nothing in the developer documentation guarantees this though, so for performance reasons probably, Apple has changed this behavior. Manually ordering the files that are listed in a directory, solves this.

Take care,

--
Geert Bevin
Senior Software Engineer
Moog Music Inc.
[email protected]