Moog Music Forum

Share Ideas and Pass the word

Patch for "From the Beginning"?

Share Model D, Model 15, Animoog and Filtatron tips and tricks. Unleash your creations on the world.

Patch for "From the Beginning"?

Postby davidby » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:27 am

Hello all- I'm new to modular synths and just getting started on figuring out this beast of a (virtual) machine. Can anyone give me advice on finding/creating a patch for Keith Emerson's solo in From the Beginning for the Model 15 app?
Thanks, David
davidby

Re: Patch for "From the Beginning"?

Postby normhart » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:11 pm

Judging by the date of your post w/o any replies, if you haven’t already gotten the info elsewhere, here are a few pointers to help you set your own patch. FTB uses two oscillators, set at triangle waves 2’ and 16’. Filter cutoff/regen/contour to taste, glide around 4. Envelope attack:0 sustain:10 release:0. Fairly straightforward patch. Hit a high key first (silently) so you get that quick downward glide to the first E note of the solo. This is one of the first Moog solos I heard after becoming aware of these things and I still remember that atmospheric and mysterious vibe I got off it immediately. I do this on my old trusty Minimoog of many years and that sound blows me away every time.
normhart

Return to Moog Apps