Using mod strip in animoog

Share Model D, Model 15, Animoog and Filtatron tips and tricks. Unleash your creations on the world.
Rickwaugh

Using mod strip in animoog

Post by Rickwaugh » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:39 pm

Can't seem to get this to function. The keyboard mod for each note works, but to get this working with an external controller, l believe the strip on the left must be turned on, and it doesn't seem to do anything. The manual gives a vague sentence about turning it off and on in settings, but there is nothing obvious there.

gbevin

Re: Using mod strip in animoog

Post by gbevin » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:49 am

Hi Rickwaug,

Can you please explain in detail what you're trying to do, what you're doing and what is not behaving as you'd expect it to.

If a sound has the mod-wheel modulation control set up in the Animoog Env/Mod panel, then it will response to the on-screen mod-wheel as well as incoming mod-wheel messages as CC1. However, if Animoog is working in MPE mode after you selected it from the MIDI input configuration, then incoming MIDI CC74 is used instead.

Take care,
Geert Bevin
Software Engineering Manager
Software Product Manager
Moog Music, Inc.

Rickwaugh

Re: Using mod strip in animoog

Post by Rickwaugh » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:19 pm

I figured it out. Geoshred actually can send the mod using the individual keys by sliding up and down. The shorter keys in the preset I was using just confused me. Thanks for the response.