Model 15 Bluetooth Audio Output Issue

Share Model D, Model 15, Animoog and Filtatron tips and tricks. Unleash your creations on the world.
ericlmercer

Model 15 Bluetooth Audio Output Issue

Post by ericlmercer » Fri May 13, 2016 4:47 am

Wow. What a killer synth... Here's my issue, (is it working for anyone else?) :

The Model 15 won't connect via AirPlay to output audio through a bluetooth speaker. (I'm using an iPad Air2 on iOS 9.3.1 with Model 15 ver 1.0.1 build 110 & a Bose Soundlink Mini bt speaker).

Animoog connects w/o problem to the Bose & plays through AirPlay to it just fine, as expected... But as soon as I launch the Model 15 app, AirPlay switches to the iPad's internal speakers & Model 15 output routes to the iPad's internal speakers. Animoog also at this point can no longer connect to the Bose until I kill the Model 15 app instance. Bummer.

I imagine Bluetooth output isn't baked-in to this version of the Model 15 yet? If not, please accept a request to mix a nice pinch of Bluetooth into the recipe then send a warm batch of Bluetooth output-enabled Moog Model 15 Muffins to the AppStore asap (please & thanks!).

Groovy synth - really lovin' it!

bichuelo

Re: Model 15 Bluetooth Audio Output Issue

Post by bichuelo » Fri May 13, 2016 10:38 am

It is working fine here with my J-Tek one speaker, and it sounds great!
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra

ericlmercer

Post by ericlmercer » Fri May 13, 2016 12:21 pm

bichuelo wrote:It is working fine here with my J-Tek one speaker, and it sounds great!
Good to hear! I bet it does sound great! Glad to know Moog already has this taken care of. Can't wait to get mine functioning.

I wonder if anyone has any suggestions that may help me get this working for me. I'll repost to confirm the solution as soon as I hear me Bose singing like a Model 15! (Appreciate your reply bichuelo!)

(Moog is so awesome ... They fix issues before you even post them!)

ericlmercer

Post by ericlmercer » Fri May 13, 2016 12:33 pm

[Duplicate]
Last edited by ericlmercer on Sat May 14, 2016 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

ericlmercer

Post by ericlmercer » Fri May 13, 2016 1:03 pm

Moog tech support just got back to me :
Hi Eric,

Thanks for reaching out and it's great to hear that you're liking the Model 15.

We're aware of the bluetooth issue and are testing a fix right at this very moment. Once we're confident it solves the issue, we'll submit it to Apple as update 1.0.2.
Then this :
There is a way to connect to Bluetooth devices within the app. However this is for MIDI Bluetooth devices but it wouldn't hurt to try to connect your speakers through this feature. You can access this feature by going into Settings and then the MIDI sub menu and look for Bluetooth MIDI.

Is anyone else besides bichuelo getting their Model 15 to output to a Bluetooth speaker?

If this does not allow you to route audio via Bluetooth to your speakers then it probably cannot be done with the current version of the Model 15 app. We have had customers wanting this feature and our software engineers have been notified and informed me that it will be addressed in future updates, so stay tuned.
The suggestion above of toggling settings to Bluetooth MIDI ON didn't work... Model 15 Settings says it's searching for Bluetooth LE devices & I my Bose Soundlink Mini is BT 2.1+EDR so it's not even showing up. But again, Animoog is working perfectly with this same speaker.

Is anyone else besides bichuelo getting Model 15 to output to a Bluetooth speaker?

ericlmercer

Post by ericlmercer » Sat May 14, 2016 10:17 am

Latest update from Moog Tech Support :
Hey Eric, We just pushed update v1.0.2 of the Model 15 application, as far as we can tell it should fix your Bluetooth issue. Can you please let us know if it does?
Thanks Geert!

trancehk

Post by trancehk » Sat May 14, 2016 10:57 am

Hello All
I wanted to share an experiment that I just tried. I use a program made by Air Squirrels called Reflector http://www.airsquirrels.com/reflector/
and I was able to successfully mirror the M15 v1.0.2 with audio to my Mac via airplay. Reflector is also cool because it also allows you to record
the video and audio. Could be used as a great training tool for webinars or Google hangouts.

ericlmercer

Post by ericlmercer » Sat May 14, 2016 11:29 am

ISSUE RESOLVED...

Man, are they quick over at Moog. Seriously excellent expertise & service.

I started this post only yesterday then emailed Moog's tech support with this issue. Geert over there responded quickly (see above posts) then TODAY they push out v1.0.2 which resolves the issue.

Thanks Geert. You guys are impressive in every way. My Bose is now happily singing like a Model 15. Sweeeeet!

ericlmercer

Post by ericlmercer » Wed May 18, 2016 9:55 am

Does anyone know why the Model 15 asks for microphone input to be enabled?

ericlmercer

Post by ericlmercer » Wed May 18, 2016 10:40 am

I asked Geert at Moog tech support about microphone permissions in Model 15 :
Hi Geert : Why does Model 15 need permission to use the microphone? Thx!
He replied :
For no reason, this was removed in v1.0.2, you can safely disable it in the settings.
(FYI)...