Animoog with the Roli Seaboard?

Share Model D, Model 15, Animoog and Filtatron tips and tricks. Unleash your creations on the world.
Satri

Animoog with the Roli Seaboard?

Post by Satri » Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:33 am

Hi all,

I'm considering buying a Roli Seaboard to play with Animoog. (yeah, the Seaboard looks more natural to me than the Linnstrument layout, but I hope I'll be able to test a Linnstrument to find out to which extent I'm wrong :-)).

Here's what I found so far about Animoog and the Roli Seaboard. First, Animoog can be used even if it doesn't currently support MIDI over Bluetooth:
https://support.roli.com/article/using- ... ther-apps/

However, according to the next Roli documentation entry, Animoog doesn't appear to fully support the Seaboard capabilities:
https://support.roli.com/article/recomm ... bile-apps/
"Animoog is a great mono-timbral instrument. Since Animoog is mono-timbral, it won’t provide polyphonic expression of Glide, so before using it with the Seaboard, set the Seaboard to Single Channel mode in ROLI Dashboard. Animoog also doesn’t currently respond to Slide, but will give great response to Press (aftertouch) and Strike (velocity)."

Anyone has experience playing Animoog with a Seaboard? What's your take? Is Animoog as limited as Roli indicates it is? Thanks! -- Alex / Satri
Animoog Beta Tester | Free albums of Animoog solos on animoog.org/satri/ | satri.bandcamp.com | Theremini | ROLI Seaboard RISE 49 | iPad Air | Alex / Satri

Satri

Re: Animoog with the Roli Seaboard?

Post by Satri » Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:49 pm

Here's the reply I got on Facebook from a nice Moog developer:
"Yes, currently Animoog has these restrictions but they fail to mention that it does support polyphonic aftertouch, which gives you one continuous axis of per-note expression."
Animoog Beta Tester | Free albums of Animoog solos on animoog.org/satri/ | satri.bandcamp.com | Theremini | ROLI Seaboard RISE 49 | iPad Air | Alex / Satri