Animoog for iPhone feedback

Share Model D, Model 15, Animoog and Filtatron tips and tricks. Unleash your creations on the world.
MoogyMcGee

Animoog for iPhone feedback

Post by MoogyMcGee » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:15 am

A few things regarding Animoog for iPhone:

1. Any chance you could add the 4 track recorder from the iPad version? Even as an in app purchase? Would be great to see.

2. The name of the app under the icon when seen on the homepage needs to be shortened. It's currently too long and appears as "Animoog-i...". I think "Animoog" would suffice.

gbevin

Re: Animoog for iPhone feedback

Post by gbevin » Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:20 am

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out.

Porting the 4 track to the iPhone is a significant effort, and for the smallest screens this would require a redesign and rethinking in order to work well. I'm sorry to say that we don't have plans for that.

There are many people that use both Animoog and Animoog-iPhone on their iPads. This allows them to at least make a difference between which is which.

Take care,

Geert
Geert Bevin
Software Engineering Manager
Software Product Manager
Moog Music, Inc.

MoogyMcGee

Re: Animoog for iPhone feedback

Post by MoogyMcGee » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:14 pm

A few more thoughts:

1. For recording would it be possible at least to add recording controls to the full keyboard (extended vertically) view? Currently the record controls are only accessible with the keyboard shrunk down, and it makes recording with the full sized keyboard (extended vertically) a bit cumbersome.

2. As for the icon and name you could change the name to "Animoog" and give the icon a slight variation to indicate it's the iPhone version. Obviously not that big of a deal, just an idea.