Animoog (iPad) v2.2.4 released

Share Model D, Model 15, Animoog and Filtatron tips and tricks. Unleash your creations on the world.
SZak

Animoog (iPad) v2.2.4 released

Post by SZak » Wed May 27, 2015 11:04 pm

Among the MANY fixes and enhancements is the ability to not only backup & transfer Presets (in the "presets" folder of course) as before but now you can also backup your user-created & downloaded TIMBRES (in the "categories" folder)! You do this within iTunes using iTunes File Sharing (same method as backing up/restoring presets).

Also to note, the use of "storage cleaning" apps now NO LONGER wipes out your presets and/or timbres! I would also expect that an iTunes backup will also restore all presets & timbres made with the backup (I have yet to test this out though). It looks as though Moog has moved these critical files out of the "caches" folder. This is outstanding news!

Also, the instantaneous crashing with the iPad Air 2 (at least, tested on my end) has been resolved. THANK YOU Geert & Moog music and all those involved for an outstanding update!!! We have been heard and this update is very much appreciated!

The full changelog follows:

What's New in Version 2.2.4

• Stable support for iOS 8
• Stable support for 64-bit devices
• Revised timbres panel with categories (touch-hold timbre in category for preview)
• Fixes for timbres showing up with domain name prefixes
• Audiobus input slot compatibility fixes
• Virtual Animoog MIDI ports are now always available even if no port is explicitly selected
• Improved IAA instrument compatibility (IAA transport panel will be done for a future release)
• Use with any buffer size from 128 to 4096 (256 being the intended size for all supported devices)
• Fixes for restore purchase functionality
• Improved in-app store layout and interaction
• iTunes File Sharing access to timbres, presets and projects
• Removed import/export preset from setup panel since iTunes File Sharing should cover all needs
• Added timbre category list under 'random preset' to enable/disable categories to randomize timbres from
• 4-track recorder fixes for loading clips, pasting clips and AudioPaste
• 4-track project fixes for save/load/delete/share
• 4-track now remains unlocked when not connected to network
• Pitch bend range is now always saved with presets and correctly loads from presets when this option is active
• Pitch and mod strips now light up with incoming MIDI
• Hold button now more clearly shows when it's active
• Manual MIDI CC input now ensures only numbers can be entered
• Keyboard scale selection now doesn't misbehave after selecting the whole tone scale
• Preset panel is laid out more consistently
• Resuming after interruptions from Siri now reactivates audio
• Proper handling of large amounts of MIDI expression data, coming from alternative controllers
• Updated built-in manual

Satri

Re: Animoog (iPad) v2.2.4 released

Post by Satri » Thu May 28, 2015 8:30 am

Thanks SZak -- not available yet on the Canadian App Store, but it's certainly only a matter of hours! Let's rejoice! :-) -- Alex / Satri
Animoog Beta Tester | Free albums of Animoog & Model 15 solos on animoog.org/satri/ | satri.bandcamp.com | Theremini | ROLI Seaboard RISE 49 | iPad Pro 12,9" | Alex / Satri

Satri

Post by Satri » Thu May 28, 2015 8:41 am

Satri wrote:not available yet on the Canadian App Store
Ah! I get it now. It's available, but haven't see the release show up in my App Store because I already have version 2.2.4 because I'm part of the beta testers. Now I'll have to rely on another source than the App Store to let me know when new versions are available! -- Alex / Satri
Animoog Beta Tester | Free albums of Animoog & Model 15 solos on animoog.org/satri/ | satri.bandcamp.com | Theremini | ROLI Seaboard RISE 49 | iPad Pro 12,9" | Alex / Satri

ziggomatic

Post by ziggomatic » Sun May 31, 2015 12:24 pm

hi!

I tried to upload the Detroit Movement pack but it didn't worked. Can someone confirm if it's a bug or not?

i have an Ipad 2 with the latest IOS.

Besides that everyting works fine thank you Moog! :D

Satri

Post by Satri » Sun May 31, 2015 1:04 pm

Hi ziggomatic,

The updated manual (with version 2.2.4) provides the recipe to add such presets which are not available from within Animoog.

However, from my point of view, it's much easier if you use iFunBox, which allows you to easily create folders and move presets directly in that folder. Details on http://animoog.org/database/expansion-packs/

Regards -- Alex / Satri