Announcing the Animoog Players Map

Share Model D, Model 15, Animoog and Filtatron tips and tricks. Unleash your creations on the world.
Satri

Announcing the Animoog Players Map

Post by Satri » Fri May 08, 2015 6:42 am

Dear Animoog enthusiasts,

Here's an experiment. Other than the fact that I love maps, I think it would be nice one day to meet other Animoog players in my city. That's why I'm inviting Animoog players to add themselves to the Animoog Players Map: http://animoog.org/playing/map/ -- which is quite empty at the moment (myself and Moog Headquarters)... but it has to start somewhere right?

Have fun -- Alex / Satri
Animoog Beta Tester | Free albums of Animoog & Model 15 solos on animoog.org/satri/ | satri.bandcamp.com | Theremini | ROLI Seaboard RISE 49 | iPad Pro 12,9" | Alex / Satri

SZak

Re: Announcing the Animoog Players Map

Post by SZak » Fri May 08, 2015 3:08 pm

I'll be adding myself to the map in the near future, when I get access to my main PC. My location though is quite simple: somewhere in the Los Angeles, CA area.

Satri

Post by Satri » Fri May 08, 2015 5:40 pm

Great SZak -- I'll let you do it. The steps to add yourself to the map have been successfully tested by a few people, but if you find anything missing or wrong, simply let me know (or edit the instructions yourself, they're editable by anyone who can add himself to the map). Cheers -- Alex / Satri
Animoog Beta Tester | Free albums of Animoog & Model 15 solos on animoog.org/satri/ | satri.bandcamp.com | Theremini | ROLI Seaboard RISE 49 | iPad Pro 12,9" | Alex / Satri

SZak

Post by SZak » Fri May 08, 2015 10:36 pm

The process is a bit confusing on the first try but I believe I've successfully added myself and modified/submitted the file for your approval. Hopefully, I've done it correctly...we shall see.

Satri

Post by Satri » Fri May 08, 2015 10:42 pm

You did right :-) thanks SZak, you're on the map now :-). Can you tell me what you found confusing? I'll try to improve -- have fun -- Alex / Satri

SZak

Post by SZak » Fri May 08, 2015 11:05 pm

What was throwing me off was clicking on the links in the instructions which doesn't open that link in a new tab but rather the same tab, losing your position. It would be helpful if the link opened automatically in a new tab but I don't know if that's even possible to specify. Anyways, it would be helpful for the user to know that the link should be opened in a new tab (right-click on the link, specify "open in a new tab") at least on Firefox. Other than that, I don't suppose the process could be simplified any further due to the nature of how it works.

Thanks Alex

Satri

Post by Satri » Sat May 09, 2015 12:24 pm

Thanks SZak for the valuable feedback. I simply added 5 screenshots to the instructions, which now offer visual support. It should be much easier then before! You also had another excellent point, links are now automatically opening in a new tab.

Thanks for your contributions SZak! -- Alex / Satri

https://github.com/alexandreleroux/Anim ... /README.md

SZak

Post by SZak » Sat May 09, 2015 2:28 pm

That's looking much better...should help immensely with new users wanting to add themselves.

Thanks for your efforts, Alex!