Animoog update release?

Share Model D, Model 15, Animoog and Filtatron tips and tricks. Unleash your creations on the world.
gogo10

Animoog update release?

Post by gogo10 » Fri May 01, 2015 2:06 pm

When do you plan to release update Animoog?
Please.

Satri

Re: Animoog update release?

Post by Satri » Sat May 02, 2015 9:15 am

My best guess is 'in the coming weeks' for a bug fix release, then over the coming months for new major features. There was recent feedback from Moog about Animoog development, last time they chimed in was this week (in a Theremin forum post). I publish minor Animoog-related news on Twitter (@animooglove) and major ones on animoog.org directly.

Timing doesn't really matter to me. What matters from my point of view is that Moog is now spending more resources and love towards Animoog :-)

Hope this helps you gogo10 -- Alex / Satri
Animoog Beta Tester | Free albums of Animoog & Model 15 solos on animoog.org/satri/ | satri.bandcamp.com | Theremini | ROLI Seaboard RISE 49 | iPad Pro 12,9" | Alex / Satri

gogo10

Post by gogo10 » Sun May 03, 2015 1:49 am

Thanks for your answer.

ziggomatic

Post by ziggomatic » Sun May 03, 2015 2:00 pm

that'd be cool.

I'm sure their priority was the Sub 37 firmware update but now that it's done please Moog release an update for Animoog soon hehe

I can't wait to make these 2 talk to each other :D

mudwerks

Post by mudwerks » Fri May 08, 2015 7:24 pm

I am NOT happy with the length of time this has taken. The app is unusable on the iPad 2 and that is not a very customer-friendly situation.

When will we be able to use the app we have purchased?

gbevin

Post by gbevin » Sat May 09, 2015 2:54 am

Hey everyone!

We’re planning to send out the next release to beta testers in a few days, so we’re getting close!

If all goes well we’ll have a new update very shortly after that.

Take care,

Geert
Geert Bevin
Software Engineering Manager
Software Product Manager
Moog Music, Inc.

nuno

Post by nuno » Sat May 09, 2015 6:27 pm

Nice to know that Animoog is finally getting an update!

I'm on iPad 2, using iOS 8.3 with a clean install of Animoog. Everything was OK until the update, but I've since had a few crashes that I just can't attribute to the usual culprits (too many background apps, etc...) not sure if this is fixable with some kind of stability update, would be very nice if it was fixed :)

I also could not restore the BASE Pack (yes, that one :mrgreen: ) from the in-app store. Previously I could. :roll: Don't care much about the presets, but there were some very usable timbres in there, would love to see that fixed too, please.

gbevin

Post by gbevin » Fri May 22, 2015 3:39 am

Hi everyone,

The wait is soon over! Earlier this week, we've submitted Animoog v2.2.4 to the iTunes store ... as soon as Apple approves it, the update will be available for everyone.

Thanks again for your patience!

FYI, here's a list of changes and fixes to look forward to:
  • Stable support for iOS 8
  • Stable support for 64-bit devices
  • Revised timbres panel with categories (touch-hold timbre in category for preview)
  • Fixes for timbres showing up with domain name prefixes
  • Audiobus input slot compatibility fixes
  • Virtual Animoog MIDI ports are now always available even if no port is explicitly selected
  • Improved IAA instrument compatibility (IAA transport panel will be done for a future release)
  • Use with any buffer size from 128 to 4096 (256 being the intended size for all supported devices)
  • Fixes for restore purchase functionality
  • Improved in-app store layout and interaction
  • iTunes File Sharing access to timbres, presets and projects
  • Removed import/export preset from setup panel since iTunes File Sharing should cover all needs
  • Added timbre category list under 'random preset' to enable/disable categories to randomize timbres from
  • 4-track recorder fixes for loading clips, pasting clips and AudioPaste
  • 4-track project fixes for save/load/delete/share
  • 4-track now remains unlocked when not connected to network
  • Pitch bend range is now always saved with presets and correctly loads from presets when this option is active
  • Pitch and mod strips now light up with incoming MIDI
  • Hold button now more clearly show when it's active
  • Manual MIDI CC input now ensures only numbers can be entered
  • Keyboard scale selection now doesn't misbehave after selecting the whole tone scale
  • Preset panel is laid out more consistently
  • Resuming after interruptions from Siri now reactivates audio
  • Proper handling of large amounts of MIDI expression data, coming from alternative controllers
  • Updated built-in manual
Geert Bevin
Software Engineering Manager
Software Product Manager
Moog Music, Inc.

SZak

Post by SZak » Fri May 22, 2015 8:57 am

gbevin wrote:The wait is soon over! Earlier this week, we've submitted Animoog v2.2.4 to the iTunes store ... as soon as Apple approves it, the update will be available for everyone.
  • iTunes File Sharing access to timbres, presets and projects
  • Removed import/export preset from setup panel since iTunes File Sharing should cover all needs
  • Added timbre category list under 'random preset' to enable/disable categories to randomize timbres from
EXCELLENT! Thanks for your hard work with this update and for listening to us! (Those points mentioned above, especially!)

SZak

Post by SZak » Wed May 27, 2015 11:06 pm

The Animoog v2.2.4 update for iPad has been released as of May 27, 2015.

http://forum.moogmusic.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=23391

nuno

Post by nuno » Thu May 28, 2015 8:28 am

Well, this is a truly great update, but I still can't restore the BASE Pack that I purchased (even if it was a joke, I made good use of those timbres and want to use the presets I programmed with them).

Satri

Post by Satri » Thu May 28, 2015 9:42 am

nuno wrote:I still can't restore the BASE Pack that I purchased
Yeah, that's true for the other Moog expansion packs that were never available in their in-app store, such as Halloween, BASE and the MVT packs, which are from Moog but don't seem to be accessible anywhere anymore... Geert or anyone else at Moog, can anything be done about access to those?

full list of expansion packs: http://animoog.org/database/expansion-packs/

Cheers -- Alex / Satri
Animoog Beta Tester | Free albums of Animoog & Model 15 solos on animoog.org/satri/ | satri.bandcamp.com | Theremini | ROLI Seaboard RISE 49 | iPad Pro 12,9" | Alex / Satri

nuno

Post by nuno » Thu May 28, 2015 12:48 pm

The BASE pack was sold through the in-app store and had both presets and timbres. The presets are a joke (literally), but the timbres are quite usable. The other packs you mention were indeed free preset packs downloaded from Moog's website and added manually through the iTunes file manager. Until recently it was possible to restore the BASE pack via Animoog.
Satri wrote:
nuno wrote:I still can't restore the BASE Pack that I purchased
Yeah, that's true for the other Moog expansion packs that were never available in their in-app store, such as Halloween, BASE and the MVT packs, which are from Moog but don't seem to be accessible anywhere anymore... Geert or anyone else at Moog, can anything be done about access to those?

full list of expansion packs: http://animoog.org/database/expansion-packs/

Cheers -- Alex / Satri

klfnk

Post by klfnk » Sat May 30, 2015 8:50 am

iPad 2 owner here with ios 7.1.2.
Anyone update similar setup with success?
Moog Sub 37
Ableton Live 8.latest
Pro Tools 12 HD12.latest
RME Fireface UC
15" MacBook Pro Retina 2015 Yosemite

Stuka

Post by Stuka » Sat May 30, 2015 4:55 pm

klfnk wrote:iPad 2 owner here with ios 7.1.2.
Anyone update similar setup with success?
I'm running an iPad 2 with latest iOS (8.3), docked in an Alesis iO Dock v1
Latest Animoog update seems to be working fine. 8)
Little Phatty Solar CV, Minitaur, Slim Phatty (x2), MF-101, MF-102, MF-103, MF-104M, MF-105M, MF-108M, CP-251 (x2), Animoog app, Filtatron app, Model D app, Model 15 app...and some 5U modular and Doepfer stuff...