Timbre browser weirdness

Share Model D, Model 15, Animoog and Filtatron tips and tricks. Unleash your creations on the world.
proun

Timbre browser weirdness

Post by proun » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:00 pm

hello,
after finally upgrading Animoog all of the expansion pack timbres look weird (please see attachment)

I've deleted the app and reinstalled but it ended up being the same - is this happening to everyone?

thanks, justin
image.jpg

Satri

Re: Timbre browser weirdness

Post by Satri » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:15 pm

I just validated and I don't have the same issue (at the moment...). iPad Air + Animoog 2.2.3.

Maybe you can try contacting Moog support directly? They're working on a new version (mentioned on the 'iPad Musicians' Facebook group). Good luck? -- Alex / Satri
Animoog Beta Tester | Free albums of Animoog & Model 15 solos on animoog.org/satri/ | satri.bandcamp.com | Theremini | ROLI Seaboard RISE 49 | iPad Pro 12,9" | Alex / Satri

Satri

Post by Satri » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:37 am

Yeah... ignore my previous reply. It 'looked' fine, but all my timbres were actually missing. Potentially due to my upgrade to iOS 8.2 and Animoog timbres being located in the /Caches folder (a known issue with current Animoog). I got back my timbres with a semi-successful 'Restore purchases' process.

Bottom line: yup, I get the exact same 'problem' as you, plenty of weird entries in the Timbres tab. That said, the timbres do play even if their names are wrong - that's much better than being [missing] altogether!

Hope this helps -- Alex
Animoog Beta Tester | Free albums of Animoog & Model 15 solos on animoog.org/satri/ | satri.bandcamp.com | Theremini | ROLI Seaboard RISE 49 | iPad Pro 12,9" | Alex / Satri

proun

Post by proun » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:16 am

Thanks for looking into this Alex, and sorry you're now experiencing the same - hopefully a fix will happen soon... it's nice that it works but aesthetically who want to see the long URL string and not the actual category.

thanks again.
justin