MIDI mapping now possible on Filtatron

Share Model D, Model 15, Animoog and Filtatron tips and tricks. Unleash your creations on the world.
nuno

MIDI mapping now possible on Filtatron

Post by nuno » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:11 am

Thanks Moog! :D
What an awesome update. Looking forward to more goodies. Filtatron is an awesome app as it is, and with great potential for expansion.

reidjazz

Re: MIDI mapping now possible on Filtatron

Post by reidjazz » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:48 pm

So love this app, but it seems to crash anytime I try to have it "learn" midi CC mappings with my Korg nanoKontrol2.

It also crashes everytime I set it as the input in Audiobus 2, although I can then go to Filtatron and return to Audiobus and all is good.
Anyone else having issues with this?

reidjazz

nuno

Post by nuno » Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:25 pm

I'll only be able to test it in a few days. :|
Hope somebody else steps in. :)

hudd01

Post by hudd01 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:56 pm

Yes here... The same issues... Always crashing when i try to lear cc mappings :-(

Ipad3 with ios 8.3. and iphone 5s with ios 8.3

Filtraton v 1.4.0

Whats the issue?

gbevin

Post by gbevin » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:28 pm

A quick heads-up, we submitted Filtatron v1.4.1 last week that has this problem fixed. It's currently pending review. You'll be able to upgrade to it as soon as Apple approves it.

Best regards
Geert Bevin
Software Engineering Manager
Software Product Manager
Moog Music, Inc.

Stuka

Post by Stuka » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:48 pm

gbevin wrote:A quick heads-up, we submitted Filtatron v1.4.1 last week that has this problem fixed. It's currently pending review. You'll be able to upgrade to it as soon as Apple approves it.

Best regards
Is the new update going to address the lack of landscape mode support on iPad?
Landscape mode is really a "must have" for those of us that are integrating iPad's into their studios using iPad docking stations.
Little Phatty Solar CV, Minitaur, Slim Phatty (x2), MF-101, MF-102, MF-103, MF-104M, MF-105M, MF-108M, CP-251 (x2), Animoog app, Filtatron app, Model D app, Model 15 app...and some 5U modular and Doepfer stuff...

gbevin

Post by gbevin » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:52 pm

Stuka wrote:Is the new update going to address the lack of landscape mode support on iPad?
Landscape mode is really a "must have" for those of us that are integrating iPad's into their studios using iPad docking stations
No, not at this time, this requires quite a bit more effort. We're putting the priority on Animoog now for a while and will revisit Filtatron after that.
Geert Bevin
Software Product Manager
Moog Music, Inc.

ingoz

but Filtatron forget its Midi Setting (iPad2

Post by ingoz » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:53 pm

every time I start the app, the midi setup is completely empty. isn't funny to reconfigure 30 controllers :shock:
update?

and: my is it possible, to integrate note on trigger and fine tuning for the oscillator? this would be great!!

hudd01

Post by hudd01 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:10 pm

gbevin wrote:A quick heads-up, we submitted Filtatron v1.4.1 last week that has this problem fixed. It's currently pending review. You'll be able to upgrade to it as soon as Apple approves it.

Best regards

Perfect! Thanx a lot.
Looking forward to check it out...

Btw... How long does apple usually need to check and publish a submitted app?
About a week, right?

gbevin

Post by gbevin » Fri May 01, 2015 1:50 pm

Version v1.4.1 has just been approved and should be available for update.

Enjoy!
Geert Bevin
Software Product Manager
Moog Music, Inc.

hudd01

Re: but Filtatron forget its Midi Setting (iPad2

Post by hudd01 » Fri May 01, 2015 1:51 pm

ingoz wrote:every time I start the app, the midi setup is completely empty. isn't funny to reconfigure 30 controllers :shock:
update?

and: my is it possible, to integrate note on trigger and fine tuning for the oscillator? this would be great!!
Absolutely right, ingoz.
Same problems here. Just forgot to mention them.

Would be nice if this could be fixed, too.

gbevin

Re: but Filtatron forget its Midi Setting (iPad2

Post by gbevin » Sat May 02, 2015 11:36 am

hudd01 wrote:
ingoz wrote:every time I start the app, the midi setup is completely empty. isn't funny to reconfigure 30 controllers :shock:
update?
Absolutely right, ingoz.
Same problems here. Just forgot to mention them.

Would be nice if this could be fixed, too.
This should be fixed in the just released v1.4.1 also.
Geert Bevin
Software Product Manager
Moog Music, Inc.

Stuka

Post by Stuka » Sat May 02, 2015 6:20 pm

gbevin wrote:
Stuka wrote:Is the new update going to address the lack of landscape mode support on iPad?
Landscape mode is really a "must have" for those of us that are integrating iPad's into their studios using iPad docking stations
No, not at this time, this requires quite a bit more effort. We're putting the priority on Animoog now for a while and will revisit Filtatron after that.
So, another fix just came out that, among many other things, addresses the "upside down orientation" issue.
That's a nice set of fixes, but curious why another 90 degrees of viewing angle wasn't addressed so landscape orientation would work (again) on iPad?

Bummer... :(
Little Phatty Solar CV, Minitaur, Slim Phatty (x2), MF-101, MF-102, MF-103, MF-104M, MF-105M, MF-108M, CP-251 (x2), Animoog app, Filtatron app, Model D app, Model 15 app...and some 5U modular and Doepfer stuff...

hudd01

Post by hudd01 » Sun May 03, 2015 2:56 pm

Stuka wrote:
gbevin wrote:
So, another fix just came out that, among many other things, addresses the "upside down orientation" issue.
That's a nice set of fixes, but curious why another 90 degrees of viewing angle wasn't addressed so landscape orientation would work (again) on iPad?

Bummer... :(
Stuka,
as an application developer i can tell you: because its a lot more time consuming to fix the view modes... fiddeling around with the different views/layers for all the different screen sizes is not a really comfortable thing in xcode.

Main priority for me is the cool sound...
Second, the functionality...
Thirt, the look...

@gbevin: Perfect, thanx! The midi cc states are saved on closing now! Wrote this before i could check out 1.4.1

gbevin

Post by gbevin » Mon May 04, 2015 2:08 am

hudd01 wrote:@gbevin: Perfect, thanx! The midi cc states are saved on closing now! Wrote this before i could check out 1.4.1
Wonderful, thanks for confirming!
Geert Bevin
Software Product Manager
Moog Music, Inc.