Animoog expansions...which one?

Share Model D, Model 15, Animoog and Filtatron tips and tricks. Unleash your creations on the world.
soundklinik

Animoog expansions...which one?

Post by soundklinik » Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:30 pm

HI all,
some of you probably own most of the extension packs for Animoog..Which pack offers a lot of "sonic variety"?

Is there a got to have extension? I got the Vintage Vibe aka Vintage synth.

Thanks

Satri

Re: Animoog expansions...which one?

Post by Satri » Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:52 am

Hi Soundklinik,

Here's the list of all expansion packs I'm aware of (actually, there's two additional ones that I need to add to the list, maybe during Christmas break when some 'personal time' will be possible?):

http://animoog.org/database/expansion-packs/

There's 16 expansion packs with presets listed. Some that are not available from Moog and that you "need to know where they hide" if you want to enjoy them.

Now, in terms of sonic variety, it varies a lot on the types of sounds you like. But here's the ones I like and use most frequently:
* Minimoog
* Daemian 1

That said, there's gems in other packs too. MultiSplit in the Acoustic pack is wonderful to me, some presets from Justin Carter and Monster Moog are also excellent.

Lots of packs have 'previews' on SoundCloud or YouTube, allowing you to have an idea what it can sound like before you purchase. (note that several of the expansion packs listed on the Animoog.org website are free) On my SoundCloud account (link in signature), I mention in the track's description which Animoog preset was used - all my tracks are single-Animoog preset solos only, which may thus give you an idea of what you can do yourself (and better than myself) with those presets.

Hope this helps & have fun exploring! -- Alex
Animoog Beta Tester | Free albums of Animoog & Model 15 solos on animoog.org/satri/ | satri.bandcamp.com | Theremini | ROLI Seaboard RISE 49 | iPad Pro 12,9" | Alex / Satri

soundklinik

Post by soundklinik » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:37 am

Hi Satri,

thanks for reply and the link to your soundcloud samples of Animoog, great samples...

Animoog makes so incredible sound, it's fantastic...As far as the packs go, I gave a listen to R Devine's pack and find it great, I am looking at mostly the number of waves/new sounds/presets...after all is the waves that make up the sound, right?

I didn't try yet to down/install 3rd party waves to Animoog...Where do you get some of the hidden freebies?

Do the official packs/features ever get discounted in MOOG store?

cheers
PS I struggled for a few days to figure out the wave changing, lol, not so easy on a new app...could not figure out the columns etc...

Satri

Post by Satri » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:10 pm

soundklinik wrote:[...] I didn't try yet to down/install 3rd party waves to Animoog...Where do you get some of the hidden freebies?
[...] Do the official packs/features ever get discounted in MOOG store?
Hidden freebies? You mean free presets and timbres? See the link to the expansion packs list I provided above. The free packs need to be manually installed (instructions at the bottom of that page). If anyone find expansion packs not currently on that list, let me know, I'll add them to that list.

Official in-app packs and features never got discounted so far. In my opinion, they're relatively cheap when compared to real instruments.

Hope this helps :) Enjoy Animoog! -- Alex
Animoog Beta Tester | Free albums of Animoog & Model 15 solos on animoog.org/satri/ | satri.bandcamp.com | Theremini | ROLI Seaboard RISE 49 | iPad Pro 12,9" | Alex / Satri