Sharing Samples.

Share Model D, Model 15, Animoog and Filtatron tips and tricks. Unleash your creations on the world.
somuchdirt74

Sharing Samples.

Post by somuchdirt74 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:50 am

I was wondering if I could share virtual instruments (pack of samples) from the samples I've made in Animoog for other DAWs. Is this allowed? I'm not talking about sharing presets or timbres that are obtained through IAP's. I've been searching but couldn't find any info on that.

Satri

Re: Sharing Samples.

Post by Satri » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:14 am

Hi somuchdirt74,

I'm not related to Moog in any way, so my feedback is akin to the feedback of a random guy on the Internet! :-)

I'm not certain what you mean by 'virtual instruments' and 'samples'. Are you talking about Animoog presets and timbres? If so, if you made your own timbres and presets, I suspect that you can share them without any problem. At least a few other Animoog enthusiasts do provide either for free or for a fee their own presets and timbres for Animoog. Here's the list of such third-party presets and timbres that I'm aware of: http://animoog.org/database/expansion-packs/

Of course, if you get official feedback from Moog, I'd be quite interested in knowing what's their official point of view. In my opinion, sharing presets+timbres help foster a community around Animoog, and this directly benefits Moog. But that's just my point of view. Making it easier to share new presets and timbres is actually part of the wish list; http://animoog.org/playing/wish-list/

Have fun -- Alex
Attachments
Animoog_Expansion-Packs.png
Animoog Beta Tester | Free albums of Animoog & Model 15 solos on animoog.org/satri/ | satri.bandcamp.com | Theremini | ROLI Seaboard RISE 49 | iPad Pro 12,9" | Alex / Satri

somuchdirt74

Re: Sharing Samples.

Post by somuchdirt74 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:41 pm

No, not the preset and timbres, just audio. Let's say I record each note from c3 to c6 in animoog, then map those notes to their own key, making an instrument. I think it is okay to do this, I just want a confirmation to be safe. I don't plan on selling these sounds or anything like that.