Animoog and iOS 8

Share Model D, Model 15, Animoog and Filtatron tips and tricks. Unleash your creations on the world.
Min_Patel

Re: Animoog and iOS 8

Post by Min_Patel » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:26 am

Hi joe Ben, im using a iPad air 2 64gb, I'm having the exact same problem as you, latest soft version and iOS update. It's very annoying. It's the best synth on the App Store but yet no fix. It should be pulled from App Store to stop leading people into buying it.

Should only be on App Store once fixed. Also I beleive that moog should compensate the owners of who purchased the app for this big inconvenience.

To moog: stop conning people into buying a buggy app.

j0ni

Post by j0ni » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:05 pm

Same crashiness here on iPad Air 2 with iOS 8.1.2. This is super frustrating for a $30 app. I feel you wrt apple and the breaking changes they introduce with updates, but you could at the very least indicate that the app doesn't work on the App Store until it's fixed.

korakios

Post by korakios » Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:51 pm

ipad mini2 ios 8.1.2 and animoog crashes randomly unfortunately. Plus I lost the 4 track (again) ,re-register and now 4 track is disabled when I turn wifi off...

MacAquinas

Post by MacAquinas » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:53 pm

Crashing like crazy, even a re-install does nothing. This sure has been frustrating lately, they have done a few broken updates in a row for the last several months. But now its worse than ever.
Black Minimoog Voyager XL, Sub37, Slim Phatty, Mother-32, MF-104M SD, MF-105M, MP-201, CP-251, Theremini, Animoog ;-) . Roland Fantom G8 & Integra-7, Korg MS-20

heisenberg

Post by heisenberg » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:11 pm

Min_Patel wrote:Hi joe Ben, im using a iPad air 2 64gb, I'm having the exact same problem as you, latest soft version and iOS update. It's very annoying. It's the best synth on the App Store but yet no fix. It should be pulled from App Store to stop leading people into buying it.

Should only be on App Store once fixed. Also I beleive that moog should compensate the owners of who purchased the app for this big inconvenience.

To moog: stop conning people into buying a buggy app.
In all fairness, to those of us who have been using Animoog since its inception, the app has been pretty freakin amazing and for most of it's life, free of significant bugs.

Let's hope Moog can put their attention towards Animoog now that NAMM is over.

It would be great if someone from MOOG would chime in as they have done before and let us know.

grit

Post by grit » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:40 am

Same problem here, it's frustrating how unstable animoog is now, I can't rely on it in a live set.
I'm using +/- the same config; iPad air 2, latest IOS8 as of this date, Animoog 2.2.3. I bought midi expansion and vintage expansion. I have the iPad in an Alesis IO-dock.

grit

Post by grit » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:43 am

Friends at Moog, I'm not sure which version these problems refer to, but 2.2.3. Still crashes like crazy on my iPad Air 2. I would like to send those bug reports which are generated by IOS but not sure if you have a standardised way to receive those crash notifications.

bo°m

Post by bo°m » Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:39 am

Same issue here with Animoog 2.2.3 iOS8.1.3 on an iPad air 2.
Also when it works, Animoog only react to midi control change when not in background :?
Hope it'll be fix cause it's really a great app :mrgreen:

dsk

Post by dsk » Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:23 pm

animoog on ipad air 2 iOS 8.1.1 = crashes on startup
animoog on ipad air 2 iOS 8.1.3 = crashes on startup

This works for me:
close all apps
turn airplane on (all connections disabled)
then run animoog