Animoog update?

Share Model D, Model 15, Animoog and Filtatron tips and tricks. Unleash your creations on the world.
MusicInclusive

Animoog update?

Post by MusicInclusive » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:00 am

HI good Moog folks.

Many of us who use iPads for music production repeatedly return to Animoog as a staple app on iOS. It's *great* and we love it. However, it needs updating. I'm not talking here about the numerous other ways that folks might have mentioned (including Audiobus on the iPhone version), but at the very least, to be able to work with the new Audiobus 2.1 SDK so that it will run on iOS 8 when released.

So, please, dispell the rumors of Animoog having become abandonware, and do please let the community that loves this app be assured that you are working on an update to this very end at a minimum.

Would be nice to know if you have any other plans too :-)

Kind regards

Derek Jones
Owner: MusicInclusive LLC

dswo

Re: Animoog update?

Post by dswo » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:36 am

MusicInclusive wrote:at the very least, to be able to work with the new Audiobus 2.1 SDK so that it will run on iOS 8 when released.
This is important.
David Wilson-Okamura

hmtx

Post by hmtx » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:40 am

I would love to see Animoog updated with the Audiobus SDK 2.1. I'm not a dev but it looks like the Audiobus guys really do a lot to help devs upgrade their apps to the latest Audiobus features.

Animoog is such a brilliant app, it deserves to be able to play happily with other iOS apps. iPhone and iPad versions would be so much more useful with an update.

MoonWolf

Post by MoonWolf » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:06 am

Like your hardware, Animoog has truly unique qualities and a cult status among iOS musicians, many of us pros and part-time pros. The accessibility and ease of use have the potential to reach far beyond, to every iOS device user who might want to experiment with a synth app. Here's to hoping you see the value in keeping Animoog alive and well.

Oh, and I second David's suggestion for AB SDK updates...regularly. Thank you.

rafael_laurenti

Post by rafael_laurenti » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:07 pm

Animoog is a unique synth, please, this update will not only assure that it will keep working great with Audiobus on iOS 8, but it will also bring state saving possibilities to Animoog :)

Satri

Post by Satri » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:12 am

We would certainly benefit from an updated Animoog. I can't believe it has been abandoned. Latest updates has been a while: version 2.1.1 on June 22nd 2013 with the latest less minor update being version 2.1.0 released on March 13th 2013, well over a year ago.

I'm confident (wrongly?) that Moog will offer us a significantly updated Animoog ready for iOS 8. If you haven't seen it yet, you're invited to contribute to Animoog.org's wish list: http://animoog.org/playing/wish-list/... to which I just added an 'Inter-app connectivity' section (I guess it was so obvious that it wasn't mentioned before... ;-))

Cheers! With days going by, we can only get closer to a new version of Animoog! :) -- Alex
Animoog Beta Tester | Free albums of Animoog & Model 15 solos on animoog.org/satri/ | satri.bandcamp.com | Theremini | ROLI Seaboard RISE 49 | iPad Pro 12,9" | Alex / Satri

MusicInclusive

Post by MusicInclusive » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:25 pm

Any update on if this will be forthcoming before the iOS 8 release? Inquiring minds and keen Animoog lovers want to know :-)

Satri

Post by Satri » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:11 pm

MusicInclusive wrote:Any update on if this will be forthcoming before the iOS 8 release? Inquiring minds and keen Animoog lovers want to know :-)
There are news! An update of 'Animoog for iPhone' was released two weeks ago, with a second bugfix update coming pretty soon. This also most probably means that Animoog for iPad will be updated in the coming weeks at the latest.

http://animoog.org/2014/09/01/animoog-i ... -released/

Rejoice, the wait is almost over ;-) And most importantly, Moog has not abandoned the app and devs are actually working on it! Yé! :-) -- Alex
Animoog Beta Tester | Free albums of Animoog & Model 15 solos on animoog.org/satri/ | satri.bandcamp.com | Theremini | ROLI Seaboard RISE 49 | iPad Pro 12,9" | Alex / Satri