OS7 update now?

Share Model D, Model 15, Animoog and Filtatron tips and tricks. Unleash your creations on the world.
Niko

OS7 update now?

Post by Niko » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:52 am

I'm consider to do the suggested OS7 update with my iPad- sooner or later. I've heard that for example Animoog may not work properly with the new OS. What should I do?

Best regards:

Niko
"I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered" - No. 6

Where is the tutti button on this instrument? ...

Stuka

Re: OS7 update now?

Post by Stuka » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:54 am

I just did the iOS 7x update on my iPad 2.
So far, everything (including Animoog) seems to be working fine!

FWIW -
The one hiccup I've seen since the update is Sampletank would not recognize external MIDI controllers routed through my iO Dock.
Ater I reinstalled Sampletank, it works fine.

Starting to look like Apple addressed most of the audio-related issues with the iOS 7 patches they have been releasing. :)

Randy
Little Phatty Solar CV, Minitaur, Slim Phatty (x2), MF-101, MF-102, MF-103, MF-104M, MF-105M, MF-108M, CP-251 (x2), Animoog app, Filtatron app, Model D app, Model 15 app...and some 5U modular and Doepfer stuff...

Satri

Post by Satri » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:14 pm

Thanks! I'll then update to iOS 7 too. I waited because I did not wanted to lose Animoog :-)
Animoog Beta Tester | Free albums of Animoog & Model 15 solos on animoog.org/satri/ | satri.bandcamp.com | Theremini | ROLI Seaboard RISE 49 | iPad Pro 12,9" | Alex / Satri

astricii

Post by astricii » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:31 am

Still issues with not being able to save presets on the iPhone versions of Animoog and Filtatron :evil:

Satri

Post by Satri » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:13 am

So far, my mileage with Animoog and iOS 7 is positive. Not more problems than what I had with iOS 6. Using Animoog, Audiobus and aufx:space all together. On an old iPad 2.

Good luck ! -- Alex
Animoog Beta Tester | Free albums of Animoog & Model 15 solos on animoog.org/satri/ | satri.bandcamp.com | Theremini | ROLI Seaboard RISE 49 | iPad Pro 12,9" | Alex / Satri

Niko

Post by Niko » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:51 am

many thanks for the replies herewith. But I've got also a reply from a user who's not satisfied with the update, particular with other issues such as total hang up and loosing stored datas and server malfunctions. Hmm, I think I should wait again. And, actually, my apps working fine with OS6.
"I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered" - No. 6

Where is the tutti button on this instrument? ...

Bald Eagle

Post by Bald Eagle » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:41 pm

I made the switch to iOS 7 this weekend. All I can say is ... well nothing. There is just nothing about it that's really worth rushing to. At least my music apps still work although I haven't done deep testing of them all yet. Here's a list of my working apps. I did install all available updates for them before the iOS 7 upgrade.

MidiBridge
Audiobus
Animoog
Thor
iMS20
iPolySix
iMini
Nave
Garage Band