Moog Music Forum

Share Ideas and Pass the word

MIDI Clock Source

Share Model D, Model 15, Animoog and Filtatron tips and tricks. Unleash your creations on the world.

MIDI Clock Source

Postby Alien8 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:29 am

Hi,

Is there a way to send the tap tempo sync'd MIDI clock OUT to every channel from AniMoog? I'm trying to find a way to have my iPhone be the master clock source for a number of apps and external processors - all of the tinkering I have done thus far has led me to start asking questions...

Thanks for any help!

Oh - BTW I don't need AniMoog to be the source because it can be a destination from another app if necessary.
Vibration emanates from all things, even nothing. Using awareness to translate vibration into "music" is something that I am whole heartedly grateful for.
Alien8

Re: MIDI Clock Source

Postby Stuka » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:48 pm

There are quite a few iOS sequencer / drum apps that will send MIDI clock sync signals.
Do you already have a MIDI interface for your iPhone?

If not, and/or if you want a REALLY versatile MIDI connectivity solution for your iOS devices (and just about everything else), without a computer, check this out:

http://www.iconnectivity.com/iConnectMIDI

Works great!! :)

(BTW - it IS a BIT cheaper going through some of the online music retailers...)
Little Phatty Solar CV, Minitaur, Slim Phatty (x2), MF-101, MF-102, MF-103, MF-104M, MF-105M, MF-108M, CP-251 (x2), Animoog app, Filtatron app, Model D app, Model 15 app...and some 5U modular and Doepfer stuff...
Stuka

Postby Alien8 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:46 pm

I have LittleMIDI Machine, but it doesn't seem to link correctly... It might be user error, but I couldn't get more than one channel to respond to its clock. I need at least five to respond.

Currently I'm running a MIDI Mobilizer II & a MIDI Solutions Quadra thru. Controlling a ClysterFlux, MIDI MuRF, Strymon TimeLine externally, and AniMoog internally. I use TouchOSC to send most of my CC but I need one clock source to sync it all together... (My setup is portable)
Vibration emanates from all things, even nothing. Using awareness to translate vibration into "music" is something that I am whole heartedly grateful for.
Alien8

Postby pfitzsimons » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:29 pm

Resurrecting this thread. I'm also looking for a tap tempo for Animoog. Obviously, it can't be midi mapped in the app, but I'm looking for a solution via Audiobus, Midiflow, or other solutions if possible. I'm not looking to add outboard gear and I'm not using Ableton in this setup...
pfitzsimons

Postby pfitzsimons » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:21 pm

To go further, I'm using an iRig BlueBoard key as a tap tempo in JamUp (guitar effects app). I'm using Animoog simultaneously (via a MIDI guitar pickup). I've got sound on both ends, but, again, can't midimap tempo in Animoog... This setup is for playing in a band setting without any loops playing, so I just need the tap tempo for the delays...
pfitzsimons

Return to Moog Apps