Can't add Timbres w/ Animoog 2

Share Model D, Model 15, Animoog and Filtatron tips and tricks. Unleash your creations on the world.
Sonakinesis

Can't add Timbres w/ Animoog 2

Post by Sonakinesis » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:33 am

Hi all. Before I upgraded to V2 of Animoog I was able to add my own timbres to Animoog. I upgraded to Animoog 2 when it was first released. I tried to add some timbres tonight via iFunbox. Animoog (on the iPad) does not display them. Firstly the path for samples has changed in Animoog. The handful of timbres I added previously still appear in Animoog 2. Any timbre I try to add shows up in iFunbox, but not on the iPad in Animoog. I noticed that the timbres I had previously added now appear w/ a .tbl extension, not the .wav file extension. Has anyone been able to add their own timbres in Animoog 2? What I am doing wrong?

Thanks, Marc

Sonakinesis

Re: Can't add Timbres w/ Animoog 2

Post by Sonakinesis » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:17 am

Okay. Finally figured it out. After transferring the WAVs to Animoog, you have to force quit Animoog (via the home button...), then re-start Animoog to see your new timbres.

Either iFunbox or diskaid will work:

in the Animoog folder (via iFunbox),

click on library,

click on caches,

click on samples (not _samples),

Add your WAVs, (you can open windows explorer and drag them in, or use the add file button in iFunbox)

***WAVs must be 44.1k, 16-bit mono, and .371 seconds in length.

Next, Follow these steps to force an app to close: (you can check to see if Animoog is still open)
From the Home screen, click the Home button twice. Open apps on the iPad will appear AT THE BOTTOM OF THE iPad SCREEN!
Tap and hold on the app (bottom of screen),
When it starts to jiggle, tap the to close it,
Double-click the Home button,
Opening Animoog again.

Newstech

Post by Newstech » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:09 pm

Glad you worked this out. I'm sure your detailed notes will help others down the line.

Sonakinesis

Post by Sonakinesis » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:55 pm

Just an update. As of 2/14/17 the current folder in Animoog (for the current version) for timbres is called Categories. You will find sub folders for some timbres here and can create your own sub folders for your own custom timbres. FWIW, I do demonstrate this part way through I video I posted here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqzPbUcr9tE

Satri

Post by Satri » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:38 pm

Thanks Sonakinesis,

I'll certainly republish this video on Animoog.org :-) Meanwhile, for the timbres and presets installation instructions, Animoog players might be interested by these step by step instructions:
https://www.animoog.org/2016/06/24/step ... h-ifunbox/

Cheers -- Alex / Satri
Animoog Beta Tester | Free albums of Animoog & Model 15 solos on animoog.org/satri/ | satri.bandcamp.com | Theremini | ROLI Seaboard RISE 49 | iPad Pro 12,9" | Alex / Satri

Sonakinesis

Post by Sonakinesis » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:14 pm

Hi Satri. Thank you. I'll be re-doing my website soon and will definitely create a link to your step-by-step iFunBox instructions on it.