[animoog] moving the transport on the 4 track recorder?

Share Model D, Model 15, Animoog and Filtatron tips and tricks. Unleash your creations on the world.
aaron

[animoog] moving the transport on the 4 track recorder?

Post by aaron » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:58 am

Hey there,

Loving the new 4 track recorder for Animoog. One small gripe: I can't figure out how to manually move the transport/playhead to a position. The only way I've found so far is to press play and try to hit pause at the exact moment I need to trim a clip at. Am I missing something?

-A

misterpete

Re: [animoog] moving the transport on the 4 track recorder?

Post by misterpete » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:49 pm

So far the only way I've figured out to move the playhead, is by using the transport buttons.
Has anyone had any luck finding a way to mute the metronome other than turning down that glowing metronome volume dial?
I'm hoping we see a manual for Animoog 2.0 soon, but the one currently loaded in the app, and at the Moog site links to the original 2011 version.
Please Call Me, PETE
https://petedako.bandcamp.com/music
"Mr. Pete" at ModWiggler @petedako on Twitter,
Bandcamp & all the other platforms :D

Amos

Post by Amos » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:43 pm

double-tap on the timeline to set the playhead to that position manually. How would you suggest to do it? I'm open to improvements.

misterpete

Post by misterpete » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:30 am

Thanks Amos!

Double-tapping works great! Very quick and precise, I don't see a need to change it
~
If possible I would like to be able to double-tap OFF the metronome on it's Volume button and/or have an option to just click for the count-in
Amos wrote:double-tap on the timeline to set the playhead to that position manually. How would you suggest to do it? I'm open to improvements.
FYI ~ I just recorded a quick sketch on 4 tracks and uploaded a track to SoundCloud immediately, all very smooth and simple ~ however I found a bug, the only one I've seen so far:
Clicking "Add Image" in the SoundCloud sharing dialog aborted the process and crashed the app (everytime!) after a few tries I uploaded without an image and then added it later using a web browser.
Please Call Me, PETE
https://petedako.bandcamp.com/music
"Mr. Pete" at ModWiggler @petedako on Twitter,
Bandcamp & all the other platforms :D

aaron

Post by aaron » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:38 am

Amos wrote:double-tap on the timeline to set the playhead to that position manually. How would you suggest to do it? I'm open to improvements.
Hi Amos,

I intuitively tried to touch and drag the playhead at first. Seems like the most natural way to interact with it. Might be nice if there was a way to have it snap to a quantized division of the timeline too.