Animoog midi out connected to an audio/midi interface-Help?

Share Model D, Model 15, Animoog and Filtatron tips and tricks. Unleash your creations on the world.
Hiphopblues

Animoog midi out connected to an audio/midi interface-Help?

Post by Hiphopblues » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:11 pm

In the intro. video by Moog, they mention using audio/midi interface to connect animoog to a computer. Could anyone explain to me how this set up works. They mention using a camera connection kit with the Ipad. My interface only has one usb connection. How do I connect the ipad to the interface, and then connect the interface to the computer. I don't see how i can do it. Thanks,

Hiphopblues

reidjazz

Re: Animoog midi out connected to an audio/midi interface-He

Post by reidjazz » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:28 pm

Using the the camera connection kit and a USB sound card like the SIIG SoundWave (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000OO ... _details_o) I am able to connect to my audio interface (in my case an M-Audio 410) either via S/PDIF or 1/4" TRS connection from the iPad leaving my USB or FireWire connection to connect to the computer. Cost me another $30 but is so worth it in a lot of ways..

Hiphopblues

Post by Hiphopblues » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:35 am

Thank you, but does this provide an audio or midi connection? I looked up the connectors you mentioned, and they appear to be audio connections. Thanks,
Hiphopblues

reidjazz

Post by reidjazz » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:38 pm

Hiphopblues wrote:Thank you, but does this provide an audio or midi connection? I looked up the connectors you mentioned, and they appear to be audio connections. Thanks,
Hiphopblues
Yes, these are audio connections...sorry.

misterpete

Post by misterpete » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:29 am

What you are referring to is a cheap USB Apple Camera- MIDI connection kit out of the iOS device -- it is NOT for audio (use the mini headphone jack for audio) Whether it works depends on whether your (USB) controller can handle it. Some controllers work - some don't...

If that connector doesn't work - YAMAHA makes a great one that connects to standard DIN cables but it retails at about $60 here in Toronto when I bought it- so it's about double the cost of the 'camera' connecter
Please Call Me, PETE
https://petedako.bandcamp.com/music
"Mr. Pete" at ModWiggler @petedako on Twitter,
Bandcamp & all the other platforms :D

Amos

Post by Amos » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:11 pm

for more money the iO Dock does everything (audio, MIDI out) quite well. USB camera connection kit and MIDISport Uno, also E-Mu MIDI 1x1 interfaces tested successfully here.

Hiphopblues

Post by Hiphopblues » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:08 am

Amos, thanks. Still haven't wrapped my head around this. I have an audio kontrol1 interface. Would I need to use one of the interfaces you mentioned connected to the midi connection on my AK1? Don't see how I can connect the ipad and my computer to the AK1 at the same time otherwise. Probably missing something here, but oh well. Thanks for your help.

Hiphopblues