How to save Animoog presets with i-FunBox, even if crashed

Share Model D, Model 15, Animoog and Filtatron tips and tricks. Unleash your creations on the world.
Amos

How to save Animoog presets with i-FunBox, even if crashed

Post by Amos » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:42 pm

If you want to make sure you have your Animoog presets backed up securely on your computer, i-Funbox (http://www.i-funbox.com/) is free utility for both Mac and Windows which makes the process very easy.

A nice feature of i-FunBox is that it lets you get right into the sub-folders of the Animoog app to see the presets, which means you can save your presets even if the app won't open. This feature also allows you to create your own custom Category folders in Animoog v1.1.0.

To begin with, connect your iPad to your computer using a sync cable, and launch i-FunBox. You should see the file tree for your iPad on the left:

Expand the file tree, and click on "Animoog" under User Applications... then on the right, open the Documents folder.

Inside the Documents folder you'll see a .data folder; open this.
inside .data is the presets folder, which contains all your presets.

Select the presets folder and click the "Copy to Mac" button on the top tool bar ("Copy to PC" in the Windows version) to open a file-save dialog and save a copy of the presets folder to your computer.

In Animoog v1.1, the presets folder contains sub-folders for each preset category. You can click the New Folder button here (within the presets folder) to create new category folders, which will appear in the Preset Categories list the next time you run Animoog. You can also easily move and re-arrange your presets into the various category folders from this view.

hansendesigns

Re: How to save Animoog presets with i-FunBox, even if crash

Post by hansendesigns » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:50 am

found how to make a new folder but not how to put presets in it.... how? tia

supersaw

Post by supersaw » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:45 pm

hansendesigns wrote:found how to make a new folder but not how to put presets in it.... how? tia
You can move them in the file browser of ifunbox or in animoog load the preset, then switch to the category you want to move it to then save.

p8guitar

Post by p8guitar » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:01 pm

Is it possible to restore the user presets from a time machine backup?

I lost my own presets with the 1.1 update. then I replaced the animoog.app with the 1.04 version with time machine and some confusing things happened that I cannot recall... I ended up with animoog 1.04 on my ipad, but without my own presets. So the presets are only stored on the ipad, not in the app itself, and not saved with time machine with the itunes files?

moonkrj

Post by moonkrj » Fri May 24, 2019 3:09 am

I lost all information, because my i-Funbox is not working properly. I tried to download it again, but seems something is wrong with the version.