Animoog crashing on launch v 1.0.2

Share Model D, Model 15, Animoog and Filtatron tips and tricks. Unleash your creations on the world.
SSquirrel

Animoog crashing on launch v 1.0.2

Post by SSquirrel » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:08 pm

So I made a small recording earlier tonite (drones w/Dawn Warmth are always nice) and just recorded it in the app then copied it out to Garageband to mess w/a smidge. After I got done in there I went back in and it crashed on me. I tried rebooting and it worked for a minute, then I flipped the mod strips on and crash again. I tried copying a single character from a text message to clear the clipboard, but it keeps crashing. It may stay up for a minute or 2, but if I try to do anything, like go into the Store, it crashes. Trying to record something else doesn't work either.

Any ideas?

ecuk

Re: Animoog crashing on launch v 1.0.2

Post by ecuk » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:22 am

I am experiencing something similar with Animoog on my iPad 3. The splash screen appears (saying v1.0.2 even though the app store lists it as v1.0.3). The normal user interface then appears - keyboard, X/Y pad, etc - but it then crashes within one second. It was working great yesterday. I have now reinstalled the app twice, and I have restarted my iPad twice, so it should be a clean init for the app.

Any ideas?

ecuk

Post by ecuk » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:42 am

Apologies if this is a duplicate post, but my earlier one seems to have disappeared into the aether (along with Animoog).

I too am seeing something like this. Animoog was working great yesterday. The splash screen appears as normal (iPad 3, Animoog v1.0.2 reported despite app store saying that it is v1.0.3). The user interface then appears for about one second - keyboard, X/Y pad, etc - but then completely disappears.

I have tried closing and relaunching the app. I have tried restarting the iPad. I have tried deleting and reinstalling from the app store. I then tried deleting the app, restarting the iPad and then reinstalling the app. No luck. Same problem each and every time.

Given that Animoog was working great yesterday, and given that all of my other apps appear to be working as usual, I am truly baffled. Any ideas?

studiokpg

Post by studiokpg » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:53 am

Same problem here. iPad 3, iOS 5.1.1, Animoog 1.0.2. :(

Resonator

Post by Resonator » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:29 am

Hi there,
my Animoog crashes also. It should run on my iPads (2 + 3), but since this morning BOTH Animoogs are dead. When i start it, i see the green introdution-screen, then the panel for 1-2 seconds an then does it crash. I have version 1.02, it is not possible to upgrade to 1.03 via iTunes. This is poor.
Cheers
Martin

SZak

Post by SZak » Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:27 am

Same issue here. Using v1.0.3 on BOTH iPad native (iPad v1.0.3 incorrectly shows v1.0.3 on the title/splash screen but it's verified as v1.0.3) and iPhone native apps, both crash within seconds of startup, unless I play something on the keyboard. Once I stop playing, it will crash anyways.

I have backdated both apps (I have previous versions backed up) to v1.0.2 (both iPad & iPhone native apps) and the crashing stops. To summarize:

iPad v1.0.3 (incorrectly shown as v1.0.2 on title/splash screen) crashes
iPad v1.0.2 (correctly shown as v1.0.2) No crash

iPhone v1.0.3 (correctly shown as v1.0.3) crashes
iPhone v1.0.2 (correctly shown as v1.0.2) NO crash

What the heck is going on here? They worked fine, now they crash. My work around is to run v1.0.2 on both iPad and iPhone. Those that are not fortunate enough to have backups of the previous version are stuck with inoperable Animoog.

topaz

Post by topaz » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:52 am

I also have the same issue, crash on start.

Tried uninstall reboot,

Ipad2 5.11

Dpirr

Post by Dpirr » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:35 am

It also just started crashing on my iPad 2. It was working fine and just started to crash. I am running the latest version of iOS 5.1.1. Animoog is Version 1.0.2. I do not see any other updates available for it through the app store. I was going to use this for a Gig tomorrow night so any help would be awesome.

Thanks

Dpirr

Post by Dpirr » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:48 am

Animoog also just started to crash on my iPad2 as well. It has been working fine up until yesterday. I am running iOS Ver 5.1.1. I do run a bunch of other apps. I updated a bunch of patches prior to Animoog crashing. I looked at the diagnostic dump and really can provide it to you if you tell me how. I really wanted to use Animoog for a Gig that I am doing tomorrow night and I am not sure if that is possible. Any help would be great!!!

t_tangent

Post by t_tangent » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:18 am

Hi,

I have recently bought Animoog for iPad. I have version 1.03 installed and on new iPad 3 with latest OS

Animoog was working fine until this morning when it suddenly crashed and now will not start up. It starts and for a couple of seconds the screen appears, then it closes. Reinstalling didnt work and have tried a hard reset but no luck. Can anyone help with what to try next, or could this be a bug.

Thanks

topaz

Post by topaz » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:20 am

Couple of things to add

Does not crash with wifi off.

Version is showing 1.02 after downloading 1.03

yowzer

Post by yowzer » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:21 am

I am having the exact same issue. iTunes says version 1.0.3 is downloaded, but only 1.0.2 shows up and it crashes upon launch, just as described above.

Amos

Post by Amos » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:32 am

I don't know what Apple must have changed today - the app itself is the same as it was yesterday... we're working on it! Getting this fixed is a top priority. Sorry for the trouble!

-Amos

SZak

Post by SZak » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:54 am

@Yowser & Amos:

The v1.0.3 iPad app has an incorrectly labeled splash/title screen. It shows v1.0.2 even though the app is actually v1.0.3. You can verify this by going into iTunes on your PC, finding the Animoog app icon in your Apps and right (or secondary) click on the Animoog icon, then select "Get info". This will show the true version number of v1.0.3. As I said, the splash/title screen is incorrectly labeled which shows v1.0.2

Note that the incorrectly labeled splash/title screen does NOT apply to the Animoog for iPhone. It is labeled correctly.

Regardless, reverting back to v1.0.2 fixes the crashing issue. If you've backed up previous versions of Animoog, you can revert back to v1.0.2 by deleting Animoog from the device, then drag your backed up Animoog file to the Apps section in iTunes. When you sync, the older v1.0.2 will be installed to the device where it should run normally with crashing.

yowzer

Post by yowzer » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:07 am

1.0.3 is hinky on the iPhone as well