Logic and Animoog - getting the mod wheel to transmit

Share Model D, Model 15, Animoog and Filtatron tips and tricks. Unleash your creations on the world.
Hiphopblues

Logic and Animoog - getting the mod wheel to transmit

Post by Hiphopblues » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:43 am

Hello, figured out how to add animoog as an external midi device by wifi. It all works and records as it should with one exception. The beautiful thing about animoog is that each key on the ios screen has what is essentially a mod wheel integrated into it. You hit the key, and slide up and down to get modulation. Very expressive! When I played the animoog instrument in logic on my keyboard, the mod wheel didn't do anything, and so I got this boring and static sound. If this could work, it would be really great. A whole external midi synth for 99 cents. So, If anyone could help me get the modulation effect onto the modwheel of my midi keyboard, that would be great.

By the way, if anyone is interested in the setup, I would be happy to share. It's just the what looks like the normal process for setting up an external midi instrument and hooking up my ipod by wifi (on my mac)

Thanks,
Hiphopblues

Omaroo

Re: Logic and Animoog - getting the mod wheel to transmit

Post by Omaroo » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:24 pm

Hi Hip

There are a few posts already about remote modulation and CC message response. Amos has stated that it is coming in a future release.

Also, regarding WiFi - see this thread - it discusses it comprehensively and includes video on the ad-hoc (lower latency) WiFi rather than local network setup: "Animoog Network Midi Connection refused.. ".
Sub 37 Tribute, Waldorf Blofeld, MF-104M SD, Axiom 25, UMX-610, Propellerhead Balance, Truth B1030A mons, MacBook Pro i7, Live 9, Logic 10, Animoog.

Hiphopblues

Post by Hiphopblues » Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:34 pm

Thanks, that will be great to see. Thanks for the heads up.
Hiphopblues

Thomas23

Post by Thomas23 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:54 pm

Yeah, Just came on here to ask about this. Any idea when it might be? I am using Animoog as a live synth along with some others and so to use an external keyboard for precision but If I could use the mod wheel It would be so much better.

Do it soon please moog people.
Lots of love tom.

rlauriston

Post by rlauriston » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:23 pm

Hiphopblues wrote:... each key on the ios screen has what is essentially a mod wheel integrated into it. You hit the key, and slide up and down to get modulation. Very expressive! When I played the animoog instrument in logic on my keyboard, the mod wheel didn't do anything, and so I got this boring and static sound.
Sliding up and down sends poly-pressure messages. Look at the four MOD tabs on the on the ENV/MOD page. Find the one(s) with Control set to poly-pressure, change that to mod-wheel. Also, change the one(s) with Control set to mod-wheel to off.