length of Animoog recording

Share Model D, Model 15, Animoog and Filtatron tips and tricks. Unleash your creations on the world.
SeaDream

length of Animoog recording

Post by SeaDream » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:48 pm

Hi, is it really so, that only a 23 second clip (loop) can be recorded in Animoog ?

Thanks for your clarification,

SeaDream

JRBobDobbs

Re: length of Animoog recording

Post by JRBobDobbs » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:43 am

I was wondering the same thing about recordings pasted into Animoog using AudioCopy/Paste from other apps. I've got a great 8-minute recording that I want to overdub onto. A friend who lives in another country sent me so we can collaborate. Any idea if the limit on recording and playback is 23 seconds, or however long it takes the indicator light to complete it's circle around the play button? Or can you record and play more extended tracks?

xsubs

Post by xsubs » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:44 pm

I asked the question from the staff at Moog... received this from the Support Manager:

"Looks like around 17 seconds is currently the max record time – it is after all essentially a looper and not a full-fledged linear recording feature."
Rickenbacker 60's & early 70's 4001 basses ♦ Fender Pre-CBS J & P Basses ♦ Zon Sonus 8-string Bass ♦ Moog Taurus III Bass Pedals ♦ Hiwatt (Hylight) & Reeves Amplification

jonwal

Post by jonwal » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:54 am

xsubs wrote:I asked the question from the staff at Moog... received this from the Support Manager:

"Looks like around 17 seconds is currently the max record time – it is after all essentially a looper and not a full-fledged linear recording feature."
And they've marketed this as the 'first professional synth for the ipad', but things like this relegate it to nothing more than a toy. A fun toy that can produce some amazing sounds, but a toy none the less. Until it has a decent record facility, i'll stick with apps like NLog.

cyclops

Post by cyclops » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:15 am

Yea I agree I mean I love this synth but integrating it into my workflow sucks I mean the way I see iPad synths is the great advantage is you can work away from your daw and get some nice ideas down then go back to the studio and bouce it all in

But this makes it's so backward like we in the 90,s or something I want to be able to record more than one "loop" I want the midi file included with each saved recording I want to a count in metro maybe so I can get my timing down as well as a metronome to play against

Recording should have a start on first note option

Recording should give a 8 or 16 32 bar record option

We should have a midi record function similar to garage band so I can record a seq but keep tweaking the sound even if we cant quantize as long as i can record the seq at least With maybe a overdub mode so I can keep going till I have my timing tight Them maybe a bounce to audio like iMS20 has

On saves It should have a option to auto name the audio/midi recording to the same name as the preset or with a date stamp I don't want to bother with naming stuff while I'm zoning with this synth

I hope it keeps getting development attention to really fine tune it as I really do enjoy it's sounds and tweaking it

dozeren

Post by dozeren » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:32 am

cyclops wrote: Recording should have a start on first note option

Recording should give a 8 or 16 32 bar record option
Yup, the loop option is far to short to be used for anything really serious. Not even sketching. Lengthening the rec time considerable, "start record on first note", and this will become the epic ipad synth it could be. The synthesis itself is perfect and makes a great supplement to other synths.

fyvewytches

Post by fyvewytches » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:20 am

Sure 23 seconds is short for internal recording, but why don't you just record the audio out ?? What am I missing here ?
Latest track, Dancing On The Ecliptic http://soundcloud.com/ianman/dancing-on ... iptic-demo

jminor

Post by jminor » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:57 pm

fyvewytches wrote:Sure 23 seconds is short for internal recording, but why don't you just record the audio out ?? What am I missing here ?
Can you record to another app, like Multitrack DAW??? :?:

jminor

Post by jminor » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:26 pm

fyvewytches wrote:Sure 23 seconds is short for internal recording, but why don't you just record the audio out ?? What am I missing here ?
I'm new to this so forgive me if I say something stupid here. Recording out would be an option, but wouldn't it be nice to record within Animoog and then have the ability to fine tune the recorded song with all the app has to offer?