animoog midi setup?

Share Model D, Model 15, Animoog and Filtatron tips and tricks. Unleash your creations on the world.
phatfunky

Re: animoog midi setup?

Post by phatfunky » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:41 am

Amos wrote:I've used Genome with no problems, it's a rocking MIDI sequencer if that's what you're looking for.

Some folks have reported MIDI problems being semi-mysteriously solved after installing the Midi Bridge app... but they may have been having different problems...
Thanks for the tips! I ran into Genome on my travels and I think was only put off by the price, assuming that a cheaper controller (not sequencer) should also do the job.. then I forgot about it. But it does look nice, maybe I'll give it a shot. I'll keep MidiBridge in mind too. I didn't know about that one.

Cheers.

jpegnato

Post by jpegnato » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:45 pm

MIDI OUT!?!?!?!?

Moogtard

Post by Moogtard » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:14 am

by eurorail » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:47 pm

"I have animoog on an iphone running the latest version of ios5. the app works fine. i have a line 6 midi mobilizer (not the midi mobilizer2). i cant seem to find any information about how to get this working or if Moog is working on a line 6 port. I dont want to use this with my Mac, but as a standalone with a midi keyboard into the midi mobilizer into the iphone into the animoog."

I just got my iPad and it's an ipad one. I went to buy a line six mobilizer 2 but the main component wasnt in the box and the only other mobilizer they had in the store was the first version so I thought I would try it. Well it didnt work. It will not work with the Animoog. This is because the first mobilizer does not support Core Midi. This also means it will not work with the majority of apps. The midi mobilizer two does support core midi. At this point I am thinking about going the extra bit and just getting an Alesis io dock. At least that way my iPad won't die mid project.

misterpete

Post by misterpete » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:38 am

MIDI out? - yes on iPAD 1 and iPhone 3GS ~ but you will need to download the "MIDI expansion pack" and select setup to configure your MIDI in and out.
Oxygen8, Axiom Pro49 & Voyager keyboards all worked as controllers for me ~and animoog will work as a controller for my other Moog synths. So far I have used the apple Camera connector kit and the Yamaha Midi connector which is better ~ but given the wonkiness of the iPAD connector itself- this is the weak link - and needs frequent checking.
Some of the Voyager dials and knobs seemed to be premapped but have not spent much time looking at that yet... to say what is mapped where :D
Please Call Me, PETE
https://petedako.bandcamp.com/music
"Mr. Pete" at ModWiggler @petedako on Twitter,
Bandcamp & all the other platforms :D

Bigcat

Post by Bigcat » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:36 am

artpunk wrote:Well I've got an Arturia Analog Experience Factory keyboard that I've had running the Animoog, via the camera connector, and I can successfully set mod wheel and pitch wheel effects within the app, but I have all these other knobs and sliders that I would LOVE to be able to map to some midi parameters to control all the other cool variables/stuff in the app, but I haven't seen any midi mapping data for the app yet... it would be nice...
:roll:
Sorry to drag up an old thread but this is the only post i can find on the net that may be of help to me! :) I am very interested in how you got your Arturia to work with Animoog

All i want to do is play Animoog with my midi keyboard but for the life of me cannot get it to work.

I have an iPad Mini running Animoog connected to an Arturia analogue experience laboratory 49 via the lightning camera connection kit to the USB port on the back of the keyboard. The Arturia didn't come with a power supply, so I bought a 6V 800mA unit so the ipad didn't have to power the keyboard. However, the ipad still gives me an error saying the device can't be connected as it needs too much power, even though the keyboard is plugged into the mains and the PSU is exactly as specced by Arturia . As a result, the Arturia doesn't even show up in Animoog or Midibridge, so there's no way it's going to work at present.

Have I missed something? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)

Stuka

Post by Stuka » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:52 am

The "cheapest" fix:
Try putting a POWERED USB hub between your keyboard and the iPad CCK ~
That seems to solve the problem for some folks!

In lieu of that, the iConnect MIDI boxes are kind of a "Swiss army knife" of MIDI connectivity for iOS devices ~
They'll let you connect pretty much anything MIDI enabled to just about anything else MIDI enabled!

Once the iPad recognizes whatever keyboard you're using, you shouldn't need to run any other apps to communicate with Animoog; the keyboard should show up as an option under Animoog's MIDI setup.

Good luck! :)

Randy
Little Phatty Solar CV, Minitaur, Slim Phatty (x2), MF-101, MF-102, MF-103, MF-104M, MF-105M, MF-108M, CP-251 (x2), Animoog app, Filtatron app, Model D app, Model 15 app...and some 5U modular and Doepfer stuff...

Bigcat

Post by Bigcat » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:17 pm

Stuka wrote:The "cheapest" fix:
Try putting a POWERED USB hub between your keyboard and the iPad CCK ~
That seems to solve the problem for some folks!

In lieu of that, the iConnect MIDI boxes are kind of a "Swiss army knife" of MIDI connectivity for iOS devices ~
They'll let you connect pretty much anything MIDI enabled to just about anything else MIDI enabled!

Once the iPad recognizes whatever keyboard you're using, you shouldn't need to run any other apps to communicate with Animoog; the keyboard should show up as an option under Animoog's MIDI setup.

Good luck! :)

Randy
Thanks for the advice. Sadly the USB hub idea didn't work either as the Arturia didn't show up in Animoog's midi setup :( However, this time I didn't get the power error on the ipad.

As for the iConnect, I'm waiting rather impatiently for the iConnectMIDI2+ with pass-through audio :D