animoog midi setup?

Share Model D, Model 15, Animoog and Filtatron tips and tricks. Unleash your creations on the world.
pistolsx

animoog midi setup?

Post by pistolsx » Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:26 pm

just downloaded the app and its awesome but i can't find anything in the manual about setting it up with my midi keyboard. anyone know how it works?

thanks!

Newstech

Re: animoog midi setup?

Post by Newstech » Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:34 pm

You should tell more about your setup. Do you have an iPad MIDI adapter or Camera Connection Kit? Is your MIDI keyboard connected to a Mac or PC? FYI, Animoog sees MIDI coming in but it's corrently buggy. No sign that it sends MIDI out.

artpunk

Post by artpunk » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:48 am

Well I've got an Arturia Analog Experience Factory keyboard that I've had running the Animoog, via the camera connector, and I can successfully set mod wheel and pitch wheel effects within the app, but I have all these other knobs and sliders that I would LOVE to be able to map to some midi parameters to control all the other cool variables/stuff in the app, but I haven't seen any midi mapping data for the app yet... it would be nice...
:roll:
Cheers,
Cameron

"Information is not knowledge.
Knowledge is not wisdom.
Wisdom is not truth.
Truth is not beauty.
Beauty is not love.
Love is not music.
Music is THE BEST."
— Frank Zappa

dchalfon

Post by dchalfon » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:54 am

i am running ableton live in mac hooked to korg microkontrol (which has midi in and out). can i control animoog from live's sequencer?

Newstech

Post by Newstech » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:49 am

dchalfon wrote:i am running ableton live in mac hooked to korg microkontrol (which has midi in and out). can i control animoog from live's sequencer?
I'm not a Mac user, but the answer should be yes. Here's a guide to going the other way:
http://superprofundo.com/2011/01/05/use ... eton-live/
In this case, Abelton is looking to the iPad for a MIDI input. I'd say you do basically the same thing, but direct Abelton's MIDI out on channel 1 to the network session where the iPad shows up, and enable the network session in Animoog under the system screen.

dchalfon

Post by dchalfon » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:35 pm

Just made this wifi setup, it works with other midi apps in ipad but could not control animoog from live yet. Maybe i am missing something...

Newstech

Post by Newstech » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:51 pm

When you go to the Setup screen in Animoog, do you see Network Session 1 over on the left? And if so, can you tap it and turn it white to enable it?

Re Live working with other apps: Are they receiving key presses from the Korg? This Isn't an in vs. out thing, is it? (no offense)

phase ghost

Post by phase ghost » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:56 pm

I can confirm Animoog works great with the Line 6 Midi Mobilizer 2. One thing that would be nice (and should be easy to implement) is the ability to change midi channels. Currently, it seems channel 1 is the only option.

Jeeves

Post by Jeeves » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:59 am

I am loving this synth!!! I've used my LPK25 successfully. I'd really like to use my Novation sl25 and to map some of it's controllers on it to the synth. I don't see any reference to this ability in the manual. Is there something I am missing? Is there a list somewhere of the controls and their identifiers?

Thanks,
J

Jeeves

Post by Jeeves » Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:28 pm

I have questions about MIDI setup, too. My LPK25 works quite handily, but is limited in the amount of controllers. I've plugged my Novation SL25 in and get basic keyboard functionality, but it sure would be nice to be able to use all the MIDI controllers on it. Any info anywhere on how to map to the Animoog? I can't seem to find anything in the manual...

Thanks,
J

jeffbragg

Post by jeffbragg » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:40 am

I'd like to know which midi keyboard controllers are compatible with the Animoog app. I tried my Midiman Oxygen8 and It didn't seem to work. Thanks.

eurorail

Post by eurorail » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:47 pm

I have animoog on an iphone running the latest version of ios5. the app works fine. i have a line 6 midi mobilizer (not the midi mobilizer2). i cant seem to find any information about how to get this working or if Moog is working on a line 6 port. I dont want to use this with my Mac, but as a standalone with a midi keyboard into the midi mobilizer into the iphone into the animoog.

Secondly... i dont know how to get "wifi" midi going... any tips on that? wouldnt mind knowing that for when i have my laptop running. what's the point of needing a laptop as a midi go-between from a $99 controller to an iphone? if i have my laptop i'll use any one of 100 better software synths than animoog.

ximekon

Post by ximekon » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:14 pm

I tried it and now it works flawlessly on iOS 5.01.

I described the required steps here:
http://news.metaparadigma.de/ios5-worka ... moog-3642/

let me know if it works for you too...

greeeeetz, x!

phatfunky

Post by phatfunky » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:42 am

I'm struggling with a related issue and getting more confused the more I try to Google the answer!

I want to control Animoog from another app on the same iPad.

First up, perhaps I should mention it's an iPad 1. I've got a suspicion that my problem is that the iPad 1 simply can't cope with this?

I've tried controlling Animoog from several apps;

iSequence HD seems to be playing it, but if I switch to Animoog and change the preset it stops working. This is not really the solution I'm looking for anyway though as it seems (correct me if I'm wrong) there's not much scope in iSequence for real-time modulation and there's considerable latency.

Yamaha's Arp & Dr Pad is basically working I guess (set to "Cable" mode), but the sound is distorted and cracked to hell even after I restart the iPad and make sure nothing else running.

Pianist Pro is just bizarre. It crashes all the time, there doesn't seem to be away to bypass it's own internal sounds (turn the instrument volume down?!?) and I don't have a clue what I'm supposed to set as the MIDI interface.

Like I say, I suspect I have actually already found the answer to my particular case, what I'm really looking for is some kind person to confirm or deny this. Maybe somebody already has experience using one of the above apps with Animoog? Alternatively if anybody has succesfully controlled it locally on an iPad 1, then with which app please?

TIA.

Amos

Post by Amos » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:46 pm

I've used Genome with no problems, it's a rocking MIDI sequencer if that's what you're looking for.

Some folks have reported MIDI problems being semi-mysteriously solved after installing the Midi Bridge app... but they may have been having different problems...