Animoog : WISHLIST

Share Model D, Model 15, Animoog and Filtatron tips and tricks. Unleash your creations on the world.
Golfdogz

Re: Animoog : WISHLIST

Post by Golfdogz » Sat May 05, 2012 9:41 am

It would also be good to be able to detach key scale from presets..ie set a key scale and then browse thrU presets without key scale changing. It still is useful to have KS attached to presets..but an option would be nice
DAW: ableton live 9.6 (32 and 64 bit)
INTERFFACE: RME UFX (usb)
MOOG STUFF: SUB 37 (midi control via usb)
OTHER: Elektron Analog Four with overbridge.

Tuskerfort

Post by Tuskerfort » Sun May 13, 2012 6:32 pm

I am loving Animoog, particularly for live use. If I make one addition to this excellent wish list ....

Unlike the LFO, Path and Orbit currently restart when a note-on is received. If they could have an option, (like the lfo) to restart on note-on or not restart, it will give us more opportunities to simulate free running oscillators and vary the attack phase of the sound.

Thanks for all you do,

Jerry

nuno

Post by nuno » Mon May 28, 2012 9:26 pm

A few have mentioned these:

1. Longer recording time (limited only by available space on device)

2. File manager capabilities for all the presets, like folders, or the ability to move or delete presets in batch. As an example, after a fresh install one might want to limit the available presets , so... deleting all "factory" presets and importing my own, would make it a breeze to work with Animoog, the app that makes the claim of being the first professional iPad synth.

3. Very important, extensive MIDI implementation.

Those 3 would make the PRO claim live up to its name.

soundxplorer

Post by soundxplorer » Wed May 30, 2012 5:28 pm

tbarbe wrote:yes MIDI OUT!

Its an incredible controller... if we can get it to send all the midi data out to capture then it becomes an incredible controller surface and lets us capture edit great performances on the synth into a more pro recording environment!
+100

Man, I really want to be able to use that cool keyboard (and custom scales) with external synths. Moog, if you are listening, you could even make it a separate app if you wanted to, then maybe have two rows of keys - one on top, one on the bottom, in order to double the range available at once.
Gear: Moog LP, Gibson LP, lots of FX

Mike

Post by Mike » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:55 am

Yep, another vote for a hold switch...

Chris Rimby

Post by Chris Rimby » Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:42 pm

I just visited this forum specifically to find out any information on midi out. The scale/key implementation of Animoog is second to none and would be revolutionary if we could use it to control other synths, etc.

Thanks!

cmac176

Post by cmac176 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:55 pm

2 features requests:
1. Randomise timbres button to populate the 8 slots automatically
2. Point selection of the x/y so that the sound moves from one user designated point to another without having to travel through a path. Should be linked to a rate amount to control the speed of movement from one point to another. Could also have a cross fade amount control to tame any glitches as the sound jumps from one point to another.

EwaldK

Post by EwaldK » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:22 am

As I am color blind, please, please don't use black text on red buttons. Completely unreadable for me (and probably hard to read for many other users). So: white text on red buttons please!

EwaldK

Post by EwaldK » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:23 am

Maybe I'm completely wrong on this one but I always wondered why you couldn't import your own timbres (?)

speszel

Post by speszel » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:47 pm

I wish...that when I shut down animoog and then turn icon again it would remember where I was. I now have so many presets I get lost in the list.

obiwahnkentobi

Post by obiwahnkentobi » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:30 am

+10 for a HOLD BUTTON!!!!!!!!
i try to connect a sustainpedal over the footswitch entree from the alesis i/o Dock, but it dont hold the key ;-(

if you change the preset, the option to stay in the same Tone/Scale.....

sgoff

Post by sgoff » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:06 pm

After playing with Animoog for a few days, I have though of a few features it'd be super useful to have:
  • Ability to assign the same external MIDI CC to more than one parameter in Animoog (presently, reassigning a CC to another control defeats the previous assignment)
  • Some facility for CC learn scaling, like maybe having learned MIDI CCs automatically added to the control list in the MOD section
  • Ability to map MIDI controllers to the 4 Track section controls
Cheers for a great synth! So far it's been the killer app for my iPad...

cb1

Post by cb1 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:21 pm

PLEASE add the option to delete 4track projects within the app (swiping).
Corrupts projects make Animoog crash and projects no longer needed take up huge amounts of unnecessary space on the iPad.
Only being able to delete these through iTunes fileshare is inconveniant.

Same for user presets, export/import all user presets by email would be very welcome.

Elgo

Post by Elgo » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:05 pm

EwaldK wrote:As I am color blind, please, please don't use black text on red buttons. Completely unreadable for me (and probably hard to read for many other users). So: white text on red buttons please!
You can invert the iPad's color scheme by clicking the home button three times, or going to Settings -> General -> Accessibility -> White on Black. This should help you read buttons until such time as Moog updates the Animoog's UI.

MoogyMcGee

Post by MoogyMcGee » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:43 am

1. Add the ability to delete 4 track projects. This needs to be done asap.

2. Give the option to mixdown a 4 track project to the pasteboard.

The 4 track was a nice gesture, I guess, just not real well thought out. :?