What other music apps are you using?

Share Model D, Model 15, Animoog and Filtatron tips and tricks. Unleash your creations on the world.
analoghaze

What other music apps are you using?

Post by analoghaze » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:39 am

What other music apps do you use on your Apple device?

Please do a little review/ like dislike/ recommend do not recommend type thing.

8)

Thanks
Music can Name the Unnamable and Communicate the Unknowable.

'I am... everything is... changed... they're calling... your face... interwoven... who is...' Patient mumbles inaudibly to a tune (sounds like 'Thanks for the memory).

MarkM

Re: What other music apps are you using?

Post by MarkM » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:31 pm

I am enjoying Reactable Mobile because the interface is completely different from what I am use to. I like not having a keyboard. The loading of samples and file organization is nice because you can do it on iTunes. You can easily record your performance and copy/paste the wav file to another app like our beloved Filtatron. There are sequencers as well as other modifiers. It's a little cumbersome on the iTouch because of the size.
Mark Mahoney
http://www.reverbnation.com/markmahoney
www.cdbaby.com/cd/mmahoneympeck
www.cdbaby.com/cd/markmahoney

Prime NL

Post by Prime NL » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:26 am

I am using the following great apps on my iPad :
- ReBirth
- Korg iMS-20 (really liking this one)
- Korg iElectribe
- MorphWiz
- Aurora Sound Studio
- (and also) Reactable Mobile

slabwax

Post by slabwax » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:31 pm

Rebirth looks great. I'm going to down load that today.

Prime. How do you like Aurora Sound Studio? I'm very tempted to buy it, but the reviews are mixed at best. Is worth $40.00?

Dean

narrowcaster

Post by narrowcaster » Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:03 pm

I'm kind of limited because I just have a 3rd gen Touch, but...

Bloom / Air / Trope
WhiteNoise (for background ambiance)
Bebot
JR Hexatone (love this, and wish there was a bigger version or even hardware that did similar things)
technoBox
iDrum
Handy Randy (to get random values for composition and improv)

I also have Buddha Machine, Thereminator, iFunGen, and synthPond, but don't use those ones quite as much although do use them sometimes.

Prime NL

Post by Prime NL » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:23 am

slabwax wrote:Rebirth looks great. I'm going to down load that today.

Prime. How do you like Aurora Sound Studio? I'm very tempted to buy it, but the reviews are mixed at best. Is worth $40.00?

Dean
Sorry for the late reply....but here is some info concerning Aurora.

If you are known with the Tenori-On from Yamaha then you will also be known with Aurora.
This is in short a Tenori-On times 2.

Programming is done in the same style which is a grid and every step is a step in the sequencer.
Many different sounds can be selected per layer (14 layers total)...and in this way you also build up your song.

Other great additions is the full screen 14 channel mixer, effects rack, file sharing etc....for the full options list i would suggest you to check their page : http://www.4pockets.com/aurora/hd2.php

Anyways...is this worth the $40.....yes and no....
Yes, you won't find that quickly any other app with this style of sequencer, many options, drawing sequences and good sounding sounds.
No, there are other apps who offer also alot like the iElectribe or Rebirth, but they are more focussed on dance style of music iso. ambient....closest one and my favorite at the moment is the iMS-20.

machetemirage

Post by machetemirage » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:12 am

NESynth
and Nlog synth on my iphone.

The NLog is a huge reason for my peaked interest in analog devices(such as moogerfoogers and moog snyths). I remember looking at the full version specs after being dissapointed with the silly presets, and the idea of creating my own sounds hit me like a sledgehammer to the head.

It has a huge arsenal of sounds with 2 oscillators, Pulsewidth control, noise generator, 3 envelopes, 2 LFOs, VCF, ring and FM modulation, delay with a lowpass filter, poly or mono modes, any parameter assignable to knobs, wheels and an XY pad, and an arpeggiator. There is a pro version for ipad owners that allows more control on one screen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4K2ACd7 ... re=related

cane creek

Post by cane creek » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:46 am

I bought an app called Soundprism which is superb for playing chords etc, I got in touch with the makers (Audanika) and asked if they planned on introducing midi they replied yes and asked me to alpha test for them.

So at the moment I'm using a alpha version called soundprism pro and triggering all my softsynths in logic via midi over wi-fi, it's awesome.
[url=http://www.canecreek.co.uk/]canecreek.co.uk[/url]

pentaeolian

Post by pentaeolian » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:45 pm

cane creek wrote:I bought an app called Soundprism which is superb for playing chords etc, I got in touch with the makers (Audanika) and asked if they planned on introducing midi they replied yes and asked me to alpha test for them.

So at the moment I'm using a alpha version called soundprism pro and triggering all my softsynths in logic via midi over wi-fi, it's awesome.
Love Soundprism! Please suggest to them that they include CoreMidi support through the camera connection kit. I don't know why more developers aren't jumping on this.

Niko

Post by Niko » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:58 am

Hi,

I'm using following Apps for my iPod touch (not IPhone nor IPad)

- Moog Filtatron - just a great instrument. Played hours with the pad and the sampler. Certainly not a toy.
- Farthoven - one of my favorites. Well, highly disgusting but brings you the fantastic sound of a Macho Man's exhaust doing Bach's Menuett in G from Anna Magdalenas Notebook for example
- BeatPad - makes fun to do fingertip bongo type portable percussions on the iPod touch, why not?
- Curtis Lite - hmm, I don't know how it works, nice display but were is the sound?
- drumlove - well, an acceptable drum and rhythm machine to carry in your pocket
- Ledothel - similar to the following TonePad, but not so much fun producing
-TonePad - a lot of fun, easy to play, addictive and hypnotizing. Played hours with it.
- mobilesynth - ok. better sounds available but overall a comprehensive synthy for the pocket
- NLog - really good portable pocket synthy, I like it, even polyphonic. But typical digital sound.
- Piano Sharp - actually quite estonishing. Good pocket piano sound and well playable
- synthy recorder - sound is a little bit too plastic, maybe physiologically linked to the japanese manga design?
- Tcmin - interesting toy theremin emulator, I'm using it to sharpen my ear-to-arm movement. It works with the integrated position sensor
- Vocoder lite - well, a toy, not so bad but very limited. A vocoder in the pocket (who need some?)
- Voice...dLite - very strange, seems not actual working, I will probably delete it soon
- Mobeat LE - good sound, quite easy to operate

apart from the Moog Filtatron all other apps are from the apple app store page, and all of them are free.
"I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered" - No. 6

Where is the tutti button on this instrument? ...

strata189

Post by strata189 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:41 am

The ones I use the most are Nanostudio and iMS20. Beatmaker 2 is handy for slicing, Nanoloop has some of that 8bit tracker charm about it. Yumi and Mugician are interesting in their approaches to the touchpad-as-instrument idea. And, of course Filtatron has many uses as a serious sound-shaping tool.

Randall
http://www.myspace.com/randallprentice