Android version

Share Model D, Model 15, Animoog and Filtatron tips and tricks. Unleash your creations on the world.
paul m

Android version

Post by paul m » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:51 am

Are we getting an Android version ?

jtkerry

Re: Android version

Post by jtkerry » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:12 pm

I second this question! Will this happen for Android Market? I much prefer the drag and drop functionality of the Droid. I've been Apple-d to death with having my music, apps and everything else filtered through iTunes! Most times it felt like my data was sucked into a blackhole - and adding new MP3's force me to segment new music from old.

Now I'm free from what Mr. Jobs thinks I should have. And, Android Phones and devices have consistantly surpassed iPhone/iPad sales over the last year. Please bring a Moog App for the Droid.

Thanks,
JT Kerry
St. Louis, MO

gtivr6fan

Post by gtivr6fan » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:23 pm

Thirds... although I am a hardware guy, I don't want those appleites having all the fun. C'mon, spread the love!
Boxes full o' wires, n stuff n stuff...

voyager0500

Post by voyager0500 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:07 pm

paul m wrote:Are we getting an Android version ?
+1

I would also like for us Android users to get the app. Surely it wouldnt be that hard for Moog to get someone to port it.

The only reason i would EVER get an ipod touch or ipad is the music apps..

Unfortunately the Android Market is lacking in that respect..

Cmon Moog!!! :)

Nik
'i used to be a plastic cup..'
-remarkable-

drakena

Post by drakena » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:32 pm

+1 again.

That app is awesome (I put it on my gf's iPhone) and I want it on my Android phone.

slamgauge

Post by slamgauge » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:38 am

As much as I would love to see Filtron running on my Nexus 1 I highly doubt it will ever happen. Music app devs just don't seem to take Android seriously. Even in spite of the massive amount of devices in the market. I have only seen one music app (TouchOSC) get ported over to Android. I will go ahead and give it a +1 as well though. I would love to be proved wrong.

Just Me

Post by Just Me » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:20 am

Yep, those developers get so sucked into the black hole that is Apple corp (Like many Harley owners) that they forget that there is a whole 'nuther world out there. Android for me too!
Want a great musical time waster on your Android? Try Ethereal Dialpad.
"Music expresses that which can not be said and on which it is impossible to be silent."

eS

Post by eS » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:51 am

According to several sources, including some friends of mine more prone to coding than me, it looks like the main reason for the lack of serious audio apps on Android might go a LittlePhatty bit deeper than "platform popularity". In fact, unlike iOS, android lacks some serious audio/midi sw latere like core audio and core midi. This lead to what Google claims to be a huge audio latency reduction in 2.3 gingerbread...Who knows, maybe someday the gap will be filled, meanwhile i'll keep playing with such wonderful Apps as Filtatron, iMS20, Fairlight, Synth X, reactable etc... (obviously on an iPad) :wink:
Cannot live without: Moog Little Phatty SE - Clavia Nord Electro 2 - Commodore 64 running MSSIAH - MacBook Pro + iMac

bichuelo

Post by bichuelo » Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:15 pm

Yes, it is true that Andoid lacks the capability of audio that iOS has.

Fortunately, there is a post at google where audio developers are pleading for a more robust audio engine within the droid.
You can check it out (and hopefully star it) here: http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=3434
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra

Magog

Post by Magog » Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:15 pm

voyager0500 wrote:
paul m wrote:Are we getting an Android version ?
+1

I would also like for us Android users to get the app. Surely it wouldnt be that hard for Moog to get someone to port it.

Nik
Can`t but agree. I even regret that I`ve bought an Android mobile phone to tell the truth. Allthough it seems to be more functional than iPhone

LivePsy

Post by LivePsy » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:16 am

I'm finding the whole lack of Linux based music apps fascinating. Forgive me for lumping Android with Linux but I'm going somewhere with this. I applaud Korg's Kronos for making Linux exceed anyone's expectations but open source has failed to provide real time audio for android. Because it is written by so many and no one can get fired, open source has plain failed here. Then there is the issue that the app publisher won't get paid for each install - not to mention the moral argument they should be disclosing their code because they use open licensed libraries.

Once I would have wanted open source to succeed, but now I think you buy the technology which runs the apps you want. Proprietary and digital rights comes with its advantages. It's foolish to want something to get ported for your convenience.

Regards,
B
I've stopped talking now.

onetrakaudio

Post by onetrakaudio » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:04 pm

Ok, rather than starting a new thread, i'd thought i'd pop one here!

I was about to mail Moog about this, maybe i wont have to?

its Aug 2012. Android has come a very, very long way, and from what i hear, ICS & now even more so Jellybean has dealt with alot of the latency issues?

I'M HERE TO BEG, BEG, BEG the lovely MOOG chaps to compliment my Moog hardware with a tablet Android version of Animoog or Filtatron, PLEASE!!

I own Asus TFP Infinity... The only reason i waited so long to buy a tablet was because of the lack of Moog products, I do not buy apple products. I totally understand why you guys program for the platform. Your consistency can be replicated many times over.

But maybe a tablet only android version, based on the few successes there are? i.e. Samsung, Asus etc.

Failing this, any plans for the Windows Surface? RT? There is a strong case for this, seeing as its a closed platform, like apple. I WILL buy a surface for this reason, but please, Android users NEED YOU GUYS IN OUR LIVES!!

SSquirrel

Post by SSquirrel » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:20 pm

According to this post, http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthr ... ?t=1777261 , OS wide latency in Android was 88ms w/ICS and was reduced to 48ms in Jelly Bean. Looks like this guy has something to drop that latency further to 18ms. I've seen a few links talking about iOS latency and most people aren't tagging numbers to it, but I'm seeing 6-12ms bandied about a decent bit thanks to the CoreAudio API.

If this fix gets added into the core of Android and they can tweak it a smidge more, the latency issues would finally be on par w/iOS. Until then, you have the Henry Ford choice. "Customers can have any color Model T they want, so long as they want black".

Just saw this link: http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2012/ ... -platform/ . Has Android added suport for external mics yet? Being on iOS and knowing the wide support that iOS has in the music industry, it seems weird that something like that would be completely missing in Android. I happily bought an iPad knowing I would be able to get things like the iMS 20 and Sunrizer and Animoog. Heck, Animoog went on sale months before I was buying my iPad, but I went ahead and bought both iPhone and iPad versions at the dirt cheap intro price since I knew I would have both before long heh.

waxdoctor

Post by waxdoctor » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:18 am

Hi there,

there is a link to createdigitalmusic:

http://createdigitalmusic.com/2012/07/a ... ess-today/

where it is mentioned that with android 4.1 the latency is "fixed" down to approx. 10ms....

i'm also waiting desperately for the moog apps on android :)

Thanks a lot!

wd
LPSE#00882,MF-101,102,103,107, CP-251(w/o red jacks), an EP-2 as well, MMVOS #0349, mfb-502,503 & xbase888, vermona per4mer, future retro xs, sms mars/planet7; oth./digi: monomachine mk2, blofeld, clavia electro 2, machinedrum

modandroid1125

Post by modandroid1125 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:57 am

Music synth application designed for the iPad but can we also syncth with Android?