filtatron - starts ipod&mail in background

Share Model D, Model 15, Animoog and Filtatron tips and tricks. Unleash your creations on the world.

filtatron - starts ipod&mail in background

Post by 2046 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:08 pm

Hello,

I just bought the Filtatron,
I connected my iphone 3gs with Theremin and played for a while. But there is a slight problem, after while of fun the ipad with mail are coming up in the background, the music starts to play automatically and the filtatron has to be shut down, the ipad closed and Fil.. fired again. :( ..otherwise it won't play :(
I could see the interface everything but the music from ipad plays in the background, and no filtrations are coming out.

do you have any idea what's up?

thx

Amos

Re: filtatron - starts ipod&mail in background

Post by Amos » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:42 pm

Interesting, I haven't heard of this before! I'll pass it along and see if we can tech through it. Thanks!

Post by 2046 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:21 am

it happens only when I turn up the line in.
When I play with one of the presets everything is OK, but they have the line in turned down.
edited:
seams like I'm right. The problem is high voltage.
The situation hollows.
I have the MOOG theremin Etherwave Plus plus Iphone 3G connected by audio cable naturally.:)
When the audio cable is in the normal Theremin audio output and in the Filtatron the line turned up even a bit(MAIN:LEVES:LINE) and I start to play on Theremin it starts the ipad app along the email app in the background and the Filtatron has no chance to do it's work, or at least I cannot here it.
(I think it a fakes for the iPhone as if like you plug the headphones in or out)
BUT
If I have the same setup, but with the audio cable in the Theremin PHONES output with the knob counterclockwise just slightly up, so it produces the signal everything is OK :), or at least for now.

(now I have to learn how to master all the "knobs"

one more weird thing.
If I'm in the MAIN:VCO and I want to increase or decrease the "RELEASE", when I touch the knob it plays the tone of the given frequency(by FREQ).. I thought knobs are for level not triggers.. but here are no real knobs anyways, so who knows what they actually are.
If that was intended then It's OK, but I don't think so ;)

thx

MarkM

Post by MarkM » Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:27 am

one more weird thing.
If I'm in the MAIN:VCO and I want to increase or decrease the "RELEASE", when I touch the knob it plays the tone of the given frequency(by FREQ).. I thought knobs are for level not triggers.. but here are no real knobs anyways, so who knows what they actually are.
If that was intended then It's OK, but I don't think so ;)
I like that feature because it is a convenient way to preview the amount of release.
Mark Mahoney
http://www.reverbnation.com/markmahoney
www.cdbaby.com/cd/mmahoneympeck
www.cdbaby.com/cd/markmahoney

Post by 2046 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:14 am

right.
But sometimes it's not...

I'll be good to have there trigger where we can switch this on or off..It's good when you play home but not in live show.

MarkM

Post by MarkM » Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:40 pm

2046 wrote:right.
But sometimes it's not...

I'll be good to have there trigger where we can switch this on or off..It's good when you play home but not in live show.
I think of the "Enable" switch as having that function. When it is off the Osc. is not triggered. When on you can hit "Release" to see if that is the setting you want. That beats going all the way to "Pads" to preview.
Mark Mahoney
http://www.reverbnation.com/markmahoney
www.cdbaby.com/cd/mmahoneympeck
www.cdbaby.com/cd/markmahoney